Where to Get PhotoShop

Musical clipart and multimedia
Joe Baker
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Joe Baker »

You can download a 30-day trial of Photoshop at http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/ ... product=40. To keep it after 30 days does NOT come cheap; it's $649 !

They have some other, really basic stuff to fix red-eye and adjust the color. Starts at about $90. But the stuff you've seen where someone puts a tuba into the hands of their favorite oom-pah-deprived celebrity takes the full ride $650 job.

You can see what each of the products does on this chart: http://www.adobe.com/products/pspreleme ... hrt_wc.pdf
JCalkin
pro musician
pro musician

Post by JCalkin »

Joe Baker wrote: They have some other, really basic stuff to fix red-eye and adjust the color. Starts at about $90. But the stuff you've seen where someone puts a tuba into the hands of their favorite oom-pah-deprived celebrity takes the full ride $650 job.
Yes, but if you aren't picky about having the latest version, you can really get a deal on ebay. I did a search for Paint Shop Pro and saw that there are versions available for $50 or even less depending on the version.

FWIW, I got Paint Shop Pro 6 like five (six? seven?) years ago and it can do this:

It made the perfect cover for my "warm-ups and daily exercises" binder.

Oh, and he's NOT naked behind there.
Josh Calkin
Wayne State College
Low Brass/Bands
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

JCalkin wrote:Oh, and he's NOT naked behind there.
... says YOU... we didn't ask you where you got the image!
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
tubacdk
pro musician
pro musician

Post by tubacdk »

try this
http://www.gimp.org/
it's an open source photoshop-ish program. I have never used photoshop and have only fiddled with gimp, but it came well recommended.

-ck
tubacdk
pro musician
pro musician

Post by tubacdk »

heh, sorry bout that.

just found out about a mac-specific version called seashore.

http://seashore.sourceforge.net/

-ck
DonShirer
4 valves
4 valves

Post by DonShirer »

I have Photoshop Elements (the Mac version) and it can indeed do more than I would ever need as an image manipulator. You may be able to find an older version (also known as Photoshop LE or Photoshop Lite) cheaply on eBay or other auction sites. For many freeware or cheaper alternatives, you might consult the computer magazines or the photography forum sites.
Don Shirer
Westbrook, CT
dtemp
3 valves
3 valves

Post by dtemp »

Make sure that those versions of Photoshop LE are not too old (pre-'98ish). Some of those early versions are pretty skim in the features department. The newer versions (especially Elements) are pretty sweet.

TubaBluba - aren't you a University student? If so, you might be able to get an educational discount through you're school. I got the whole Adobe Creative Suite 2 for 300 bones American.

Pretty kick ***. Look into it, you might catch a deal.

d(who remembers using versions of Photoshop that didn't even offer layering)temp
EEb
dtemp
3 valves
3 valves

Post by dtemp »

TubaBluba wrote:First of all I am far from a university student, I'm only in 8th grade!
As they say where I'm from ... "whoops"
EEb
poomshanka
4 valves
4 valves

Post by poomshanka »

TubaBluba wrote:First of all I am far from a university student, I'm only in 8th grade!
As a student, you should also check into educational pricing discount. I got Adobe Creative Suite 2 Deluxe (which includes Photoshop) for $400. Full retail is $1300. Someone at your school, perhaps in a computer lab, should be able to help you out with this.

...Dave