Bach Strad 36BO Sakbutt
Besson 967 Euph
MW2141 Eb
Kanstul 33s BBb
djwesp
5 valves
5 valves

Post by djwesp »

I'm not in the video, however, I did have the great fortune of marching Phantom Regiment for 5 years.

The warm-up you see is called "tidbits". The way the warm up works is very interesting. They (we) memorized several orchestral excerpts. Using hand signs, those excerpts are played (rarely in the same row) and some how fit together. You never know what is coming, and sometimes in the dark it is a hoot trying to see the hand signs.

The brass teaching there is incredible. Sam Pilafian, Pat Sheridan, J.D. Shaw, several college professors, Pete Bond (new york met trumpet).... they really know what they are doing.
THE TUBA
Deletedaccounts
Deletedaccounts

Post by THE TUBA »

Speaking of which, I thought I might throw in that Pat Sheridan and Sam Pilafian are the Brass caption heads and arrangers for the Arizona Academy drum and bugle corps. Here is a link to a video of their 2006 program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuPl8BBI3JE. I am not sure if the tuba duo were Academy staff in 2006, but I know they were for this past DCI season.
[/post]
tubaguy9
4 valves
4 valves

Post by tubaguy9 »

djwesp wrote: The brass teaching there is incredible. Sam Pilafian, Pat Sheridan, J.D. Shaw, several college professors, Pete Bond (new york met trumpet).... they really know what they are doing.
I know Pilafian and Sheridan went to Academy D&BC. They're from Arizona, so it sort of makes sense...
All Drum and Bugle Corps teaching staff knows what they're doing. Simply put, the best of the best.
I miss my staffing from Drum corps...
I think I might end up as a grumpy old man when I get old...
tubaguy9
4 valves
4 valves

Post by tubaguy9 »

Also, a video of the show that I marched in 2007:
Click here!
I think I might end up as a grumpy old man when I get old...