LAFD fire pictures...

Musical clipart and multimedia
Dylan King
YouTube Tubist
YouTube Tubist

LAFD fire pictures...

Post by Dylan King »

Hello friends,

Here are some amazing pictures I took when the furniture factory two buildings from my studio burnt to the ground. I didn't have any damage other than dust problems from the smoke. The LAFD did a fantastic job of keeping the fire from spreading. It took about six hours to put it out. A TV production studio is next door and they sustained only minor damage. Without the effort of at least 18 trucks, it could have been much worse.

I took hundreds of pictures from my front windows and back porch, which is on the second floor. I also went down into the street and got some good shots. I thought I would share a few of these with you.

All pictures below are copyright 2004 by Dylan King.

These guys have been working extra hard the last few days with all of this water. May God bless them all.

L.A.'s finest at work. Enjoy.

God bless America.
ThomasDodd
5 valves
5 valves

Post by ThomasDodd »

Interesting use of sepia and B/W shots in there. Niot many would bother trying these days.

Glad you came out unaffected.
ThomasDodd
5 valves
5 valves

Post by ThomasDodd »

Doc wrote:Yeah, glad you're ok. I happen to like the starkness of the b&w/sepia pics. Adds a whole other dimension to photography.
I'm a big fan b&w work. I even had some (color) snapshots of my son printed b&w. Difficult to find a place to do that now. I saw a new b&w film a few dayas ago, it used the same development process as color, so all the 1hr places can handle it. Perhaps it's making a come back? Since my camera has a b&w setting, i use it. printying b&w photos is cheaper than color on most printers too :)

Never cared much for sepia but my camera supports it too. Both the b&w and sepia settings on the camera look better that conversions in Photoshop or PhotoPaint (Corel).
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Take a second look at that one and you might even spot a well-known religious symbol.
Better put it on e-bay quick....before someone else does :roll:
Marzan BBb
John Packer JP-274 euphonium
King 607F
Posting and You