My Yamaha in Iraq...

Musical clipart and multimedia
docpugh
bugler
bugler

My Yamaha in Iraq...

Post by docpugh »

I couldn't bring my own tuba with me, so I did the next best thing---I Photoshopped it in with a photo of me.

I'd like to ask you all this (without doing a Poll): how many of you have played tuba and had your 9mm pistol strapped to your shoulder like in this picture?

Darrell

==============================
Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr., DO
http://docpugh.mav.net
docpugh@yahoo.com
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Post by WoodSheddin »

Oh, my, God. must stop ... oh geez. my sides ... gotta get control.. laughing too hard..... oh my ... ouch this hurts ... laughing too hard ....

phew. You have GOT to do some more of those poses around the base. That is the funny damn thing I have seen in a LONG time.
sean chisham
ai698
pro musician
pro musician

Post by ai698 »

Doc Pugh, where's the nearest Army band to you? I know the 1st AD band is back, but there are several others in theater. I our band gets sent, you can borrow one of ours, I'll sneak an extra tuba and mouthpiece.
Steve W

Rudolf Meinl RM45 CC, Meinl-Weston 46 F, Mack-TU410L
docpugh
bugler
bugler

Post by docpugh »

ai698 wrote:Doc Pugh, where's the nearest Army band to you? I know the 1st AD band is back, but there are several others in theater. I our band gets sent, you can borrow one of ours, I'll sneak an extra tuba and mouthpiece.
Sweet! I'm not sure where the band would be here in theater. I have some friends who are down in Baghdad, because my guess is they'd be there. Do you mean 1st Infantry, or 1st Armored? I was just with the big red one guys in Baqubah about a month ago, and I could ask them.
docpugh@yahoo.com
docpugh
bugler
bugler

Post by docpugh »

WoodSheddin wrote:Oh, my, God. must stop ... oh geez. my sides ... gotta get control.. laughing too hard..... oh my ... ouch this hurts ... laughing too hard ....

phew. You have GOT to do some more of those poses around the base. That is the funny damn thing I have seen in a LONG time.
The photoshop factory is in full swing. We're here with the Stryker Brigade guys. Wait till you see me with tuba in front of a Stryker!
docpugh@yahoo.com
ai698
pro musician
pro musician

Post by ai698 »

The 1st Armored Div Band just got back. The 1st Infantry Div Band (Big Red One) is probably still there.
Steve W

Rudolf Meinl RM45 CC, Meinl-Weston 46 F, Mack-TU410L
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

I couldn't take an instrument to the rifle range. :(