lefreQue-- discuss...

Musical clipart and multimedia
happyroman
3 valves
3 valves

Re: lefreQue-- discuss...

Post by happyroman »

I am a gadget junkie, so after watching the YouTube video, I went to their website to get some more info. I found the attached brochure that discusses how the device will help, using only the example of bridging the connection between the mouthpiece and the leadpipe. This looks really interesting, and for about $80 for the recommended size for a tuba mouthpiece/leadpipe connection, it appears to be a relatively low cost experiment.

https://cdn.initial-website.com/proxy/a ... nglish.pdf" target="_blank" target="_blank

Here's a video with Mead demonstrating the LefreQue, playing with it, and then without. Even through my crappy computer speakers, I can hear a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by9pXgfCe1k" target="_blank
Andy
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

For those who appreciate a more skeptical reception, here's an older thread - amazing new gadget
happyroman
3 valves
3 valves

Post by happyroman »

Donn wrote:For those who appreciate a more skeptical reception, here's an older thread - amazing new gadget
Thanks for posting this, but out of the entire thread, there was only one person who had actually tried the device. Everyone else seemed to be making uninformed, snap judgements that it couldn't or shouldn't work. I was taught that it is at those times when I am the most skeptical that I should try to learn more about the subject. Of course, that's poor advice on an internet board. :lol:

Here is a link to the lefreQue YouTube page with actual demonstrations and testimonials. I like the testimonial by Jon Faddis. "I don't know why, but this thing works and it makes a big difference."

https://www.youtube.com/user/lefreQueDOSS/videos" target="_blank
Andy
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

If it were one of us mortals talking about it, I would say it is probably snake oil. It's harder to ignore Steven Mead, though.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

happyroman wrote: Everyone else seemed to be making uninformed, snap judgements that it couldn't or shouldn't work.
Yeah, well, that's what we do!! :oops:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
happyroman
3 valves
3 valves

Post by happyroman »

NM
Last edited by happyroman on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

happyroman wrote: Anyone wishing to discuss Climate Change can surely find a more appropriate forum in which to do so.
You mean alleged climate change, don't you?? :mrgreen:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Post by toobagrowl »

happyroman wrote: Here's a video with Mead demonstrating the LefreQue, playing with it, and then without. Even through my crappy computer speakers, I can hear a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by9pXgfCe1k" target="_blank" target="_blank
I also hear quite a bit of difference. But I wonder if the mic gain had been "messed with" when Mead played without the LefreQue in the latter part of the video. If there was no tampering with the audio, then there is a real difference, and the euph sounded louder/bigger with the LefreQue. And if that is the case, I wonder how the blend/balance would be with other brass players; particularly on soft passages. :idea:
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I actually liked the "without" version better.

Just the latest incarnation of tone rings, belts, metal strips, etc. Great if it works for you, but I'm happy enough without bothering.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

bort wrote:Just the latest incarnation of tone rings, belts, metal strips, etc

What we really need is a double-blind test at 25'... then you might actually prove something!
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?