Some Interesting Military Band Photos

Musical clipart and multimedia
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Some Interesting Military Band Photos

Post by Wyvern »

David Richoux
5 valves
5 valves
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, mostly. Also Greater Seattle at times.

Re: Some Interesting Military Band Photos

Post by David Richoux »

For hundreds of similar old brass band pictures from all over the world, go here. Note - I have corrected the error in the link, so try again! (Posting from an iPad can sometimes goof things up...)
Last edited by David Richoux on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

The Turks and Serbs have the most interesting instruments, uniforms and facial hair!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
1895King
bugler
bugler

Post by 1895King »

I have approximately 100 photos of Military Bands in the U.S. Army taken between 1865 and 1900 at various sites across the American West that I gathered 40 years ago while researching my M.A. thesis. Unfortunately, I do not have the means to scan and post them.
David Richoux
5 valves
5 valves

Post by David Richoux »

1895King wrote:I have approximately 100 photos of Military Bands in the U.S. Army taken between 1865 and 1900 at various sites across the American West that I gathered 40 years ago while researching my M.A. thesis. Unfortunately, I do not have the means to scan and post them.
What is your location - maybe somebody can help? Have you checked the pictures site I linked earlier - they have hundreds of US Army Band pictures from that era already. http://www.ibew.org.uk/vbbp-us1.htm
1895King
bugler
bugler

Post by 1895King »

I went through the photos on the web yesterday and only found three that I have in my collection. I'm in Great Falls, MT.
David Richoux
5 valves
5 valves

Post by David Richoux »

1895King wrote:I went through the photos on the web yesterday and only found three that I have in my collection. I'm in Great Falls, MT.
I tried submitting some old band photos to that site a few years ago - got no response. I do not know how often it is updated, but maybe you could try (once you get them scanned.)