Stars and Stripes Forever with vocal

Musical clipart and multimedia
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Stars and Stripes Forever with vocal

Post by Ace »

Here's an interesting version of SASF with singers on the trio. Very nicely done by the US Army Field Band. The five piccolo players sound like one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5bcpjUjLpU" target="_blank

Ace
imperialbari
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Stars and Stripes Forever with vocal

Post by imperialbari »

Well done, but isn’t that trio really the tune for a song like all good trios melodies should be?

I would be more impressed, if the vocalists did the piccolo solo a la Bobby McFerrin. And no, I don’t want it done in the original octave.

On a side note:

I cannot access the site of the US Army Field Band, which surprises me, as it is a .com address rather than .mil.

Klaus
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

imperialbari wrote:Well done, but isn’t that trio really the tune for a song like all good trios melodies should be?

I would be more impressed, if the vocalists did the piccolo solo a la Bobby McFerrin. And no, I don’t want it done in the original octave.

On a side note:

I cannot access the site of the US Army Field Band, which surprises me, as it is a .com address rather than .mil.

Klaus
Should be this:
http://www.armyfieldband.com/" target="_blank
I can't imagine why it shouldn't work for you. Maybe you added U.S.?
Bearin' up!
imperialbari
6 valves
6 valves

Post by imperialbari »

Same address as I used. Progress bar still doesn’t move beyond the first step (5% or so).

Years back I had the same problem with the site of the DC Marine Band. Back then I was told that the cause was my very tight firewall, which prevents me from being pingable.

Klaus
ppalan
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ppalan »

It is my understanding that Mr. Sousa wrote the words himself...after the the march was composed. The Trio tune is original as opposed to a borrowed melody.
Pete
ppalan
Mirafone186 CC 4v
Yamaha Eb 321
Wessex "Berg" F