Update Update

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Jose the tuba player
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Update Update

Post by Jose the tuba player »

bloke wrote:
Jose the tuba player wrote:So living here in the east side Los Angeles has gotten worse, just now some punks came into my apartments parking lot and started smashing windows with crow bars, after my neighbor confronted them they pulled out a hand gun and ran away. The owner and management company both said its not their problem and will not be fixing the windows, to add insult to injury LAPD said they're not coming to investigate and that they will mail a form to fill out.
About a decade ago, another tubenet person (same problems as you describe) got out of there...the big dude with the Yorkbrunner and the 621 F tuba.
He had been writing some movie scores out there.
He moved to the Carolina's, got a job (I think...??) with a religious radio station, quit smoking cannabis, found a beautiful woman to marry, started having kids, and (last I heard from him) is as happy as a lark.

Of course, Bro' Hussein has opened the floodgates, and (via Alinsky's directives) is feverishly working to turn most other cities into the same chaotic messes as you're experiencing...the purpose being: leaving no place to go to as a refuge...

...and yes (just as you described above) *the* purposes of "gun-control" are to (again) promote chaos (only criminals have guns), and (with an unarmed citizenry) to much more quickly and easily be able to downgrade "citizens" to "serfs".
well i live komnifornia with miss gun control and this new moron kevin de leon who know nothing of guns but yet say they are evil, point is being a registered gun owner in CA is just asking for trouble. That is why i plan on building a ghost gun before the laws get even stupider or before kevin de leon starts to try to ban them again. and the problem is there isnt just one or two of these punks its a whole gang of about 20 with some older members leading all these punks.They broke into the house next door and the police still didn't show up.
WTB OLDS SOUSAPHONE WITH 20 INCH BELL
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Heavy_Metal »

Jose the tuba player wrote:...... LAPD said they're not coming to investigate and that they will mail a form to fill out.
Talk about dereliction of duty. :evil:
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
Jose the tuba player
3 valves
3 valves

Heavy_Metal wrote:
Jose the tuba player wrote:...... LAPD said they're not coming to investigate and that they will mail a form to fill out.
yup but my friend who lives on the border of Pasadena got two patrol cars because his car alarm was overly sensitive but i cant get anyone out here unless you say they are armed and shooting people.
I was not planning on getting a gun because I'm a broke college kid and the only way i have gotten tubas is because they were supper cheap( also super ugly and dented) but i might sell one to have something because the police don't do ****!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

It's the end of July in New York City, and it's only 75 degrees. This is awesome. :)
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

Jose the tuba player wrote:
Heavy_Metal wrote:
yup but my friend who lives on the border of Pasadena got two patrol cars because his car alarm was overly sensitive but i cant get anyone out here unless you say they are armed and shooting people.
I was not planning on getting a gun because I'm a broke college kid and the only way i have gotten tubas is because they were supper cheap( also super ugly and dented) but i might sell one to have something because the police don't do ****!
Jose, it is easy for me to say this and probably hard for you to take my advice, but here goes anyway: Get out! Your life or the quality of it is much too important to go through this and it will likely not end well. You are young and without dependents [again, I assume] so if you can find somewhere else to study and live without all this fear, please make the effort to do so. Life is too short to live this way. Best of luck! :)
Bearin' up!
Jose the tuba player
3 valves
3 valves

scottw wrote: Jose, it is easy for me to say this and probably hard for you to take my advice, but here goes anyway: Get out! Your life or the quality of it is much too important to go through this and it will likely not end well. You are young and without dependents [again, I assume] so if you can find somewhere else to study and live without all this fear, please make the effort to do so. Life is too short to live this way. Best of luck! :)
Thanks! as soon as i finish my general ED classes and get my AA to transfer i hope to move somewhere where i can finish my studies and get a job so i can move my family out of the dump that has become California.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

bloke wrote:<sarc>

Why, I'm just totally shocked that the musicians union retirement fund is critically underfunded.

</sarc>

It's just buried with Jimmy Hoffa in New Jersey in one of the Giants Stadium end zones...
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I've been running a lot recently (3+ miles per day). I just notices today how much it has helped my playing and breathing, more than I thought it would.

Only downside? It seems like I usually end up with time to run or time to play tuba, but not both. D'oh! :!:
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Or beer. I'm not in it to lose weight, just need a bit more exercise.

"Bort no function beer well without." :)
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

schlepporello wrote:34 years ago today, my wife and I tied the knot.

Does that make you the Gordions!?
Congratulations!
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

Me thinks you had better do more than merely post it on this forum. :roll:
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.
SplatterTone
5 valves
5 valves

Post by SplatterTone »

34 years ago today, my wife and I tied the knot.
Me thinks you had better do more than merely post it on this forum.
It's polka time!

I'm trying to remember the movie, which I think has John Belushi, where a polka starts, and "It's polka time!", then they start slamming into the furniture and busting things up. Animal House??
Good signature lines: http://tinyurl.com/a47spm
k001k47
5 valves
5 valves

Post by k001k47 »

How does one get fever blisters to heal faster? I have to prepare for an audition. Does dog sh** really work?

You have been updated.
k001k47
5 valves
5 valves

Post by k001k47 »

schlepporello wrote:
k001k47 wrote:How does one get fever blisters to heal faster? I have to prepare for an audition. Does dog sh** really work?

You have been updated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qdfMYFl0Ic" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
I actually had this big box of Alka-Seltzer in the pantry.

tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

k001k47 wrote:How does one get fever blisters to heal faster? I have to prepare for an audition. Does dog sh** really work?

You have been updated.
Assuming you are serious, http://www.drugs.com/valacyclovir.html" target="_blank. This stuff really works, seriously. Get your Dr. to prescribe it for you.
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Car has a flat tire. I have had more problems with car flat tires in my life than anything else. Maybe I should stop driving over screws and nails? :P
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

I have had one flat, some time in the '70s. I think part of it is, you want tires that are really old, because they get hard and dry and don't pick stuff up off the road. The tires I replaced Friday were at least 20 years old.
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

If I knew a moderator, I would get this post kicked off a useless-information thread such as this and onto one more meaningful. 34 years married is something pretty damn significant! Congratulations! :D
Scottw
Bearin' up!
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Heavy_Metal »

Congratulations! These days staying married that long is something to be proud of.

The Lovely Naoko and I had our tenth anniversary this year.
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

the elephant wrote:
bloke wrote:Do you store your tubas in those spaces in the tops of the wheel wells?
Clarinets. It really is apropos, too.
And if you happen to break one you can just make another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BISrGwN-yH4" target="_blank