Update Update

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Update Update

Post by TubaRay »

Since we seem to be in a period of a large number of "update" posts, it seems it would be a good idea to have an update of this situation.

At present, we have a wisdome tooth update, a sinus update, and a hernia update. Have I left anything out? I'm quite certain that all of the above updates are important. I hope this update will become just as important.

Perhaps I should add one more update. I need to find a little more practice time on tuba. Oh, well. I am keeping up with all those important updates.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
Dean
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Dean »

I am 99.99% certain that all the "updates," except the first one, were posted as a joke out of spite.

None but the first were serious.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

After fifteen years of waiting for the appropriate time to express my recommendations, and after my church finished its large expansion project, the rector announced a focus group to take recommendations for upgrades or changes in programs. I was finally able to submit a 12-page paper recommending some upgrades to the pipe organ and music program, after consultation with the music staff. The paper was well received. Now we wait to see if it is a feasible line item in the bigger picture.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
Mojo workin'
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Mojo workin' »

I'm waiting to hear from my dry cleaners whether the stains on my underwear were able to be removed. They've told me that they use an ancient Chinese secret. I'll keep you all updated.
Eric B
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Eric B »

Mojo workin' wrote:I'm waiting to hear from my dry cleaners whether the stains on my underwear were able to be removed. They've told me that they use an ancient Chinese secret. I'll keep you all updated.
What piece were you playing when said stains were set?

On an aside, this post will soon likely be moved to "Off Topic", mine was :lol: My update was not serious, nor posted in spite. Sometimes I think we just poke fun at one of our own like we would a kid brother. No harm intended, just a little clean fun. After all, we're family.
Miraphone CC 186-4U
Weril 980S
Ibanez acoustic guitar

http://www.fbccenter.org" target="_blank" target="_blank
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Post by Rick Denney »

While hanging around the ATLAS lab at University of Arizona this week, I finally got VISSIM running realistically modeling a four-phase TTI diamond interchange using the software from an Econolite ASC/3 controller running in the simulation loop.

Yup, just as I had thought. Increasing the cycle length of a four-phase diamond increases delay and congestion.

The question is, though, how cycle length relates to throughput and residual queue persistence.

I'll keep you updated.

Oh, and I'm expecting a used Ten Tec Centaur power amplifier to be sitting on my doorstep when I get back to Virginia on Friday. It has 811a transmitting tubes in it, and I'm going to test it with 572b triodes. I'm expecting 600 reliable watts of output, and better circuit protection than the Ameritron AL-811 in which I just replace parasitic suppressors, tubes, and B- biasing diode.

Again, I'll keep you updated.

Rick "not wanting anyone to be left in the dark" Denney
josh wagner
bugler
bugler

Post by josh wagner »

Just an update but i have successfully Logged on the internet and posted.... :twisted:
lgb&dtuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by lgb&dtuba »

I'm not related to Josh.

If I find out otherwise, I'll provide an update.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Update Update

Post by TubaRay »

josh wagner wrote:Just an update but i have successfully Logged on the internet and posted.... :twisted:
Impressive!
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
Naptown Tuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Naptown Tuba »

Due to circumstances beyond my control, as of this moment in time,nothing has changed. I just thought you'd all like to know. :lol: Will keep you posted.
Gnagey/King Satin Silver CC
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

My wife got a flat tire this morning. I had to leave work while in the middle of replicating data between the EMC NAS at our corporate HQ and our co-location. Tire iron wouldn't budge the lugnuts. Got out the trusty crossbar lugwrench. Even standing on one side wouldn't budge the lugnuts. Dug out the impact gun from my days as a serious automotive hobbyist. That did the trick. Took the tire down to Firestone. Couldn't be patched. Had to get a new one, but not in stock - will pick it up after work and get it on before orchestra rehearsal tonight. Big $$$ for the big stupid SUV tire, fortunately almost the exact same amount as my monthly Kolledge lessons check which arrived yesterday.
trseaman
4 valves
4 valves

Post by trseaman »

Tom
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tom »

I'm at work.

:roll:
Tom Holtz
Push Button Make Sound
Push Button Make Sound

Post by Tom Holtz »

My 5-year old son, Doug, has almost finished Chapter 3 of "Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door" on the GameCube as of this morning. He's ranked #1 in Glitzville after beating Rawk Hawk, but hasn't been able to get past Grubba in the final fight of the level. Hopefully, a few more Fire Flowers and a Thunder Rage will do the trick. I keep trying to tell him to lose the Zap Tap badge and equip the FP Plus badge, but the lightning bolts just look too cool for him to pass up. He's one Star Piece short of getting Power Plus, and it's been holding him back.

I'll keep you posted.

Mark

Post by Mark »

I have progressed from thinking about cleaning my garage to thinking I might clean my garage this weekend.
van
bugler
bugler

Post by van »

I stayed up late enough last night to see my computer calendar updated automatically. I might try it again tonight to see if it was a fluke.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Update Update

Post by TubaRay »

Scooby Tuba wrote: Since identifying the need to practice more is the only tuba content stated by the OP (this activity may possibly preclude reading TubeNet and thus reading all the annoying "updates"), maybe this should have been put in another area of TubeNet.
Then again, maybe not...! 8) :lol:
You(and another poster) are probably right. This should have been posted under "Off Topic." I must have still been asleep when I started this up. I just found the "Update" mania to be a little comical. That's all. This was not an attempt to hurt anyone's feelings.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

My daughter, who lives in Austin, just got engaged. I'll keep you updated. No... seriously!

And, Rick!!!!! What the .........?
Eric B
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Eric B »

Straightline winds blew 3 tractor trailors off of I-30 in Leary, TX. That is only 5 miles from the church where I work, but we're still standing. I'll keep you posted if updates are warranted.
Miraphone CC 186-4U
Weril 980S
Ibanez acoustic guitar

http://www.fbccenter.org" target="_blank" target="_blank
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

I still have a brand-new, unused, totally primo Ross Perot for President bumper sticker that I picked up hoping it will be worth something some day. I'm sure it's worth every bit as much as I paid for it.

MA