Fire spewing sousaphone!

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Kontrabassmann
lurker
lurker

Fire spewing sousaphone!

Post by Kontrabassmann »

This is my first post so I decided to do something cool. My name is Jimmy Williams and I am a New Orleans tuba player. I tour around the country with the Dirty Bourbon River Show. We meet a lot of interesting people on the road. While traveling through North Carolina, I met a propane flame effects artist by the name of Beyond Joy (that's his real name, his parents are interesting people). He built me a beautiful, fully mobile fire sousaphone system. The burners clip onto the bell and the fuel tanks sit in holsters clipped to my belt. Pics and video are on the website. http://dirtybourbonrivershow.com/2014/02/21/fire-tuba/
Kontrabassmann
lurker
lurker

Re: Fire spewing sousaphone!

Post by Kontrabassmann »

A sound triggered flamethrower is definitely the end goal. My ideal setup would have the fire blast proportionate to the decibel level and duration of the sound produced. I have a microphone based trigger system in the works but I need to find the right hardware and a way to program it. Anything is possible with enough time and money. Unfortunately, I'm short on both.
WitchyPsycho2
lurker
lurker

Re: Fire spewing sousaphone!

Post by WitchyPsycho2 »

WIN!