'orks'

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

'orks'

Post by Dan Schultz »

I have lots of music books called combo-orks. What does 'orks' mean?
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Teubonium
3 valves
3 valves

Re: 'orks'

Post by Teubonium »

TubaTinker wrote:I have lots of music books called combo-orks. What does 'orks' mean?
I think it's short for orchestra.
Bach Strad 36BO Sakbutt
Besson 967 Euph
MW2141 Eb
Kanstul 33s BBb
ppalan
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ppalan »

When I was in HS, we had a combo(trumpet, guitar, bass and drums) Our trumpet player's father had a bunch of these books. (he was a tuba player) He told us the name was short for Combo (W)orks or Combo Ork(ch)estrations. We didn't much care what it meant. They were free. (As long as his son was in charge and he was our business mgr.) Anyway...just my .
$.02
Pete :?
ppalan
Mirafone186 CC 4v
Yamaha Eb 321
Wessex "Berg" F
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Thanks, guys. I thought that was what 'orks' meant but somehow figured was too simple and logical.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

How the *$%#&^ did you find that? Don't you have a slide to align or a dent to fix?
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

I was never in the military so I don't follow instructions worth a crap. Just ask my wife, my daughter or my doctor. I could add conductor but nobody else follows them either.
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.