WTB: USAF Mess Dress uniform

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

WTB: USAF Mess Dress uniform

Post by Rick F »

Probably the chances of this are pretty nill, but I'll try anyway...

Does anyone have a USAF Mess-Dress uniform they would be willing to sell? Size 44L jacket, 38-31 pants (or with room to adjust). Preferably E5 rank, but not required.

Each year when we have our patriotic concert, the audience along with band members are invited to wear their respective uniforms to this event (if they still fit). We had a couple in the band do that last year and it was pretty neat. One percussionist wore his Marine uniform (rank of major).

If you have one, please PM me. Thanks.
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Re: WTB: USAF Mess Dress uniform

Post by Alex F »

Do you have any friends who are Civil Air Patrol (CAP) members? That uniform is authorized for CAP use, with some mods. A CAP member can purchase one for you (usually) through the USAF exchange or uniform procurement system. Be aware though, that the the tailoring is "military fit". If you need something larger, you may need to go to Vanguard but expect to pay high $$.

Also, if you go through CAP, make sure they get you a "senior member" and not the cadet uniform. There is a mofified formal dress uniform for CAP cadets (under 18) and the adults wear the USAF mess dress (if they meet USAF weight and grooming standards). You don't need to worry about all that - it's just info FYI.