Google Chrome to the Rescue!

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Google Chrome to the Rescue!

Post by tbn.al »

I've been having more and more trouble with Internet Explorer. Can't view some images, videos, Youtube and the like. Just installed Chrome and all is well. Everything works. Chrome even lets you import all your settings, homepage and bookmarks from IE. Smooth.
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.
UDELBR
Deletedaccounts
Deletedaccounts

Re: Google Chrome to the Rescue!

Post by UDELBR »

bloke wrote: (Now that you have an alternate browser, consider using that browser to download and reinstall ie.)
Bill Gates' hands are far from clean.
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

Post by PMeuph »

Time to push to host Tubenet on the Dark net:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network" target="_blank)
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Google Chrome is the worst web browser, except for all the others. (With apologies to Churchill.)
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

bloke wrote:...and google will do such a great job of recording all of your emails/postings/web history. :mrgreen:

(Now that you have an alternate browser, consider using that browser to download and reinstall ie.)
As if they could care what I google, email or post. I'm not even a blip on their screen. I just want to be able to watch the Berry eagles and IE quit letting me do that.
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Post by GC »

Some folks are quite adamant that Chrome is too free in sending too much info to Google. I don't know from my own experience, though. I hate the design, but often use it when I need to print from the web.

I prefer Firefox, but the latest version (28) has caused problems with being unable to keep up with its own history, hangups, runaway memory use, etc. Not to mention that Firefox seems to be unable to print web pages without screwing up, a problem that's been there for years.

Safari is okay if you want a standards-compliant browser that's slow and has very few extensions. But it seems to be able to render any and all web content.
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

After reading up on the latest IE security breach it appears that I have been hit. Somehow hackers are using Flash Player to install malware to spy on me. I have no idea how or where I got it but switching to Chrome is what the experts recommend. Google experts of course! Computers are soooooooo fun! Chrome is working great and with anti spyware and add blocker not quite so annoying.