Tablet question

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Tablet question

Post by bort »

Not possible
termite
bugler
bugler

Post by termite »

I'm not the best one to answer this but it sounds like your camera has older style connections than your tablet.

How does the camera get it's pictures to a computer?
To download straight from the camera to the tablet the USB hub in the tablet heeds to be able to function as either master or slave. The latest Android phones can do both. See if the manual mentions being able to connect the tablet to an external hard drive via an OTG cable. (I might have that the wrong way around - refer to someone who actually knows. Who's in their twenties around here?)

The fastest way to get files off a camera or something like a Zoom recorder is to take the SD card out and put it into a card reader - either one built-in to your computer or an add-on one that plugs into a computer's USB port.

This is MUCH faster than sending photos over a USB cable - worth the effort of taking the card out.

How much memory does the tablet have? It may not be that much as a mass storage device.

How much memory does the camera's SD card have? Is it an older model that can only read smaller sizes?

The simplest solution may be to get a stack of SD cards and use the cards themselves as storage once they're full.

The tablet will probably have 32GB internal memory, maybe 64 - I haven't looked up specs on these things for ages.
You can get SD cards and USB sticks up to 64GB and maybe even 128 these days.

Regards

Gerard
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Schlep... just email the images to yourself from your cellphone.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
big_blue_tubist
bugler
bugler

Post by big_blue_tubist »

I would second the acquisition of an "OTG" cable. Your device *should* be able to pull things off the camera using it.
Franken-King 1241
Giddings Taku
alfredr
3 valves
3 valves

Post by alfredr »

I don't even know what language you all are talking here, but then, I'm from the 20th century. The wheel is a mobile device, right?
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

alfredr wrote:I don't even know what language you all are talking here, but then, I'm from the 20th century. The wheel is a mobile device, right?
Urban Amish?
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
alfredr
3 valves
3 valves

Post by alfredr »

Ahhh... smoke and mirrors

Ignore the man behind the curtain, right?
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

schlepporello wrote:
alfredr wrote:I don't even know what language you all are talking here, but then, I'm from the 20th century. The wheel is a mobile device, right?
It's witchcraft, you mere mortals wouldn't understand.
She turned me into a newt!

i got better