New around here... hi!

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
FunkyTuba
bugler
bugler

New around here... hi!

Post by FunkyTuba »

Hello all, Been lurking for a few days and figured I'd introduce myself: I go by the alias FunkyTuba... my name's Steven.

I played sousaphone and tuba back in high school and college and recently (after about a 15 year hiatus) started playing again: tuba in brass choir and bass trombone for jazz.
FunkyTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: New around here... hi!

Post by FunkyTuba »

Hi Kiltietuba!

My equipment is nothing special ( I think 8) )

Brass instruments in order of acquisition:

King Sousaphone from 1930s.
(Plays nice but it ain't a pretty horn--lots of re-soldering and some bad spots on the lacquer)

King Baritone from the 1930s (update, I think it's a model 1167 http://www.hnwhite.com/King/Euphoniums% ... 0Large.jpg" target="_blank )
(single bell, curved forward, awkward configuration with valves on top, in much better general condition than the sousa)

Jupiter JBL-378 3/4 tuba
(bi-weekly church brass main horn)

Jupiter JSL-438 pea shooter trombone
(my daughter's main until she feels ready to move up)

Bach 42B tenor bone
(Semi-permanently borrowed, was using it with a 1G mouthpiece as a makeshift bass bone for jazz until I recently got...)

Yamaha YBL-322 Bass trombone
(will probably become my main for jazz)

Mouthpieces: a bunch... somehow I ended up with at least two mouthpieces per horn... I need to gather them all and catalog them
Last edited by FunkyTuba on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Welcome to The Board! ...without question the best resource on The Internet for tuba players.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
FunkyTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by FunkyTuba »

TubaTinker wrote:Welcome to The Board! ...without question the best resource on The Internet for tuba players.
:tuba: Thanks! :mrgreen: