PayPal policy change - Nov. 18, 2014

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

PayPal policy change - Nov. 18, 2014

Post by Rick F »

Some may not be aware of a big change PayPal is putting in place starting Nov. 18, 2014. They're changing the "dispute filing window" from 45 days up to 180 days!

Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/u ... icies-full

A fairly new hobby of mine is collecting watches... buy, sell, trade, etc. A large number of forum members (three forums I visit) are ditching PayPal because of this change. The change effectively allows a buyer to purchase a product, wear or use it for 5 or 6 months, then complain it's not right or not as advertised. It's like renting the product for free. It's a great change for the buyer, but not for the seller.

I understand also that Ebay is separating themselves from PayPal later this year. I suspect this will allow ebay to support other means of purchasing.

Ebay to Split off PayPal
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-3 ... aypal.html

I closed my PayPal acct many years ago.
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)
tubadoctor
bugler
bugler

Re: PayPal policy change - Nov. 18, 2014

Post by tubadoctor »

They are a bunch of thugs and crooks. I had a dispute with them a few years back and they responded by freezing my account and telling me I was not able to appeal. Luckily I only had a small amount of cash in there but I'm happy to never do business with them again. I didn't know eBay was splitting from them, but I'l be happy to start buying and selling on there again if they actually do.