Don't Do It!

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Don't Do It!

Post by bisontuba »

Even if they have unbelievable Sales at the Malls on 'Grey Thursday,' don't do it----don't shop on Thanksgiving Day--enjoy the Holiday instead!!
Mark
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Re: Don't Do It!

Post by Dan Schultz »

I'm not going ANYWHERE this Thursday except to and from the kitchen/dining room with a few side-trips to the den!
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

But Mark, a 40" TV for $199?! Just kidding, clearly it has gotten out of control, and I'm with you on this! One of my Thanksgiving traditions is to watch the 6 o'clock and 11 o'clock news. I love the stories about the fools who camp in line for way too long just to save a few bucks. Don't get me wrong, I have done the Black Friday thing before, but I arrived at 5am so I could see what it was all about. Would never have gone on Thursday.

Also, here's a shocker -- did you know those sales exist largely so you can buy items as *gifts*, for *other people*? :shock: :P
tofu
5 valves
5 valves

Post by tofu »

I think one of the worst parts of the whole fiasco is that an awful lot of low paid employees (especially the adults with families) don't get to enjoy the holidays because they have to work at some low end low pay retail job. I really get a kick out the employers who claim it is option-able - but the reality is most of these employees know that if they don't work they will lose a job they probably can't afford to lose. Some of them are even forcing split shifts -supposedly to help their employees enjoy the day. So if you live say a half hour away you're going to now make that round trip twice so a total of 2 unpaid hours just commuting to & from work and a completely screwed up day.

While I'm a laissez-faire capitalist I really do think Thanksgiving ought to be a day that every American gets to enjoy regardless of economic rank. I wouldn't shop on Thanksgiving just for this reason and to show support for those poor souls who have to work so the hordes can try to kill each other in the hopes of buying a crappy tv for $50 less.
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

Post by PMeuph »

bloke wrote:blokemart is OPEN FOR BUSINESS !!!

:P
Any $199 specials on fully-overhauled Silver-plated Holton 345s? :lol: :wink:
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

bloke wrote:blokemart is OPEN FOR BUSINESS !!!

:P

All Grey Thursday Bloke sales include a free I Love Hillary Clinton t-shirt :mrgreen:

Mark