Free Quintet Music #3

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
imperialbari
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Free Quintet Music #3

Post by imperialbari »

Thank you very much.

I look forward to perform this score with tenor recorder, kazoo in Ab, 5-string Irish harp (the other 31 strings are broken), a Pbone, and a Conn 40K.
imperialbari
6 valves
6 valves

Post by imperialbari »

PS: The Pbone is red. Would that be acceptable?
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

the elephant wrote:I do not yet have permission for this one. I probably will not get it. OUP is really uptight about arrangements of RVW's stuff. Get it while you can. The C&D letter is probably already on its way to my house.

This one requires some rehearsal time. It is not safely readable at a gig unless all the players are familiar with the original and they can read *very* well. It is not hard to play. It is hard to play really well. Lots of attention needs to be paid to balance and blend, considering the instrumentation of the original when you prepare this for performance. With all that being said, it is not that fantastic of an arrangement. If you really like this piece, as I do, it is worth the effort, but it takes some strength as a group to control it all really well. Think delicacy. The group needs to be a mature one. (Yes, the rhythmic notation cues are for the trumpet solo, which is very rubato and can trip you up on the entrance. Make your 2nd player use a flugelhorn or get another 2nd player for this one. ;-)
As always, thanks for sharing this!
Scottw

I will pull this one down in a few days. Get it now, even if you are not sure you want it, because it will be gone soon enough. Let me know what you think.

Greensleeves
Bearin' up!
Kevin Hendrick
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Kevin Hendrick »

Looks good -- thank you! :mrgreen:
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -- Pogo (via Walt Kelly)
Carroll
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Carroll »

Thank you and Merry Christmas!
Mark E. Chachich
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Mark E. Chachich »

thank you for the nice quintet arrangements,
Mark
Mark E. Chachich, Ph.D.
Principal Tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Life Member, Musicians' Association of Metropolitan Baltimore, A.F.M., Local 40-543
Life Member, ITEA