Atlanta Schools Cut Music Programs

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Atlanta Schools Cut Music Programs

Post by tbn.al »

i am familiar with one of the affected programs. It was in an elementary school of 600+ students and there were only 11 in the band program. These are electives in addition to the regular elementary music classes. I don't see how you can justify spending $20,000+(half time position) for 11 kids. The district allowed them to participate in another program close by and reassigned the teacher. No big deal folks.
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Heavy_Metal »

tbn.al wrote:i am familiar with one of the affected programs. It was in an elementary school of 600+ students and there were only 11 in the band program. These are electives in addition to the regular elementary music classes. I don't see how you can justify spending $20,000+(half time position) for 11 kids. The district allowed them to participate in another program close by and reassigned the teacher. No big deal folks.
See if they're still letting them do that in five years..............
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

bloke wrote:

btw, if you still own a house in one of these bankrupt cities, that makes you a "stockholder". :|
Reminds me of the Andy Griffin episode when a citizen uncovers a Civil War era Muni Bond he threatens to cash and bankrupt Mayberry.

:lol:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Biggs
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Biggs »

bloke wrote:...During my pre-age-21 educational system interaction (elementary/secondary/kolij)... no toilet paper...
As someone who intentionally 'scheduled' myself to poop at school, this is a disturbing notion.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

We had that institutional individual 3in square TP in elementary school.

How unsanitary!!

Wound up with poop-finger nearly every time. :(
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.