Donations/Purchasing, please!

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
SimonettiTuba
lurker
lurker

Donations/Purchasing, please!

Post by SimonettiTuba »

Hello to all! I am quite new to this forum, so I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this topic. I am the collection curator of the V&E Simonetti Historical Tuba Collection in Durham, NC and would like to know if anybody is willing to donate and/or sell any historical instrument that's unique with its design or engraving AND we're also looking for stands for sousaphones/euphoniums/tubas. They are quite expensive and we need some stands for new instruments in the collection!

Thanks in advance for any reply,
Aiyana Simonetti-Poe
Collection Curator at V&E Simonetti Historical Tuba Collection :tuba:
http://simonettitubacollection.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank
Please visit V&E Simonetti Historical Tuba Collection in Durham, NC, USA!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Donations/Purchasing, please!

Post by bort »

Can we purchase some of your stuff?
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Should this person be invited to become a 'sponsor'?
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Whatever people want to say about the collection, I give them credit for having a website showing each instrument with name, specs, etc. And as for the question they put out regarding horns, it never hurts or costs anything to ask....
BTW, the title says Donations / 'PURCHASING', please.....
Mark
SimonettiTuba
lurker
lurker

Post by SimonettiTuba »

I'm sorry, what is going on here? I was simply asking if anyone is willing to sell us (or donate) some stands for instruments. We don't sell instruments from the collection. I am aware of what history the collection/Tuba Exchange might have on here, but please don't take that out on this post. Thanks for the replies! :mrgreen:

Aiyana Simonetti-Poe, collection curator

(P.S. we do not open the collection to the public until January)
Please visit V&E Simonetti Historical Tuba Collection in Durham, NC, USA!
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

SimonettiTuba wrote:I'm sorry, what is going on here? I was simply asking if anyone is willing to sell us (or donate) some stands for instruments. We don't sell instruments from the collection. I am aware of what history the collection/Tuba Exchange might have on here, but please don't take that out on this post. Thanks for the replies! :mrgreen:

That is great news that the collection will be open for public viewing.....terrific that instruments are available to be viewed with measurements on a website AND soon in person too.....too many instruments are either hidden from research with them being in a basement, in storage, in historical societies that misplace them or don't know how to properly conserve them, etc.
mark
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

SimonettiTuba wrote:I'm sorry, what is going on here? I was simply asking if anyone is willing to sell us (or donate) some stands for instruments. We don't sell instruments from the collection. I am aware of what history the collection/Tuba Exchange might have on here, but please don't take that out on this post. Thanks for the replies! :mrgreen:

Remember, you are playing here with the "big dogs." We tease everybody about everything. We also think it is in bad form, in light of the history of Tuba Exchange on this forum, to even ask. Good luck with the collection. As with any "museum," the proper ways to raise money are grant applications, fund raisers, admission to see the collection, and the selling of associated items, like a catalog of the collection; not to beg like a pauper where you know the subsequent posts as above to your initial posting will be the reaction.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

I don't know if the museum is set up to be able to give proper tax credit forms, but some people, esp. towards the end of a year, will either give money and/or items for a tax write off from an enterprise that is set up to legally do it properly. I know a husband & wife surgeon couple who did just this with an amazing collection of antiquities....
Mark