Bloke report.

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
alfredr
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Bloke report.

Post by alfredr »

The correct answer is d) all of the above.
southtubist
bugler
bugler

Re: Bloke report.

Post by southtubist »

I have been up to Bloke's compound quite a few times. I've had him do a complete valve rebuild on a 100yr old 6/4 Conn, and it turned out beautifully. I'm envious of the guy I traded it to, but I bet he misses his F tuba a lot. . . :twisted:

Bloke is friggin' awesome. There's always an interesting project in the shop, and the conversation (while he's working) is pretty interesting. Also, Bloke is pretty humble about his playing abilities- he's actually one of the better players I know, and I know a lot of really talented players.

Also, did I mention that he does great work? What I also like about Bloke is that he communicates professionally and is honest. He won't do you wrong. I recommend Bloke to everyone looking for instrument repair, or even for simple advice.
MW 45k
Alexander 163CC 5v
Conn 72h, 1G
King 2280
Used to own: MW20 BBb(super old model) 1915 Conn Grand Orchestral BBb, small valve MW 2145
Used to borrow: Miraphone 190 CC, from IAA