new moderator

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Re: new moderator

Post by tbn.al »

bloke wrote:LOL...
I moderate nothing
If a moderator is to moderate, and a facilitator is to facilitate, who should we get to instigate?
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

bloke wrote:The forum is about "tubas" and "music"
FOTFL
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

Post by hup_d_dup »

I moderate nothing, and would only require that everyone put their (real) phone numbers and names in their signatures.
I think real names is a good idea but it requires the moderators to monitor closely and often. A lot of work and tough judgement calls. Really a very difficult job.

I belonged (still belong but don't post much) to a professional forum that had this policy and it worked very well. Everyone had a personal and professional reputation to protect, and things rarely got out of hand; when they did the moderators took control quickly; apologies or out.

I don't think it would be practical for this forum (just too darn much work to ask of a moderator), and that's why I prefer to post under a pseudonymous name (although I have communicated with many members using my real name, and will continue to do so with anyone who contacts me by PM and seems to be sane).

Hup
Do you really need Facebook?
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

hup_d_dup wrote:
I moderate nothing, and would only require that everyone put their (real) phone numbers and names in their signatures.
I think real names is a good idea
Me too. I have been moving toward real name posting more and more (obviously, having made that shift here a few months ago).
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

hup_d_dup wrote:I have communicated with many members using my real name, and will continue to do so with anyone who contacts me by PM and seems to be sane
What? :shock: Eveyrbody knows that everyone on the internet is sane!
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Heavy_Metal »

You can only have my "976" number :twisted:
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

If you had the time to commit to it, that would be great. No idea whether you'd be acceptable to the boss, but you've probably survived worse rejections.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

bloke wrote:Bill...Bill...Bill...Bill...Bill...Bill...Bill...Bill..Bill...Bill...Bill...Bill...Bill... !!!
+1
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

I shot Sean a pm volunteering to do it. Besides, it'll keep me off of Facebook (and other unsavory sites).
Marzan BBb
John Packer JP-274 euphonium
King 607F
Posting and You