Horns for sale at ITEC

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Brown Mule
3 valves
3 valves

Horns for sale at ITEC

Post by Brown Mule »

Anyone bringing any interesting horns to sell at ITEC???
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Re: Horns for sale at ITEC

Post by Michael Bush »

Not a dealer (obviously) but before long I'm going to post a Tuba Exchange (Jinbao) 410 CC, a Schlipf practice mute (size 8), a Reunion Blues bag, possibly a Winter case, and some mouthpieces. Whatever of that doesn't sell before ITEC and I can fit in my car I'll bring with me.
Last edited by Michael Bush on Thu May 19, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

the elephant wrote:
Michael Bush wrote:Not a dealer (obviously) but before long I'm going to post a Tuba Exchange (Jinbao) 410 CC, a Schlipf practice mute (size 4), a Reunion Blues bag, possibly a Winter case, and some mouthpieces. Whatever of that doesn't sell before ITEC and I can fit in my car I'll bring with me.
What does "size 4" equate to in real life? Is it designed for use with your 410? What are you asking for it? Pics?
Well, that was a mistake. Sorry. It's a number 8. The official size for a 186 is the #5, though. That being said, it works fine in the 410. I've used it with it some. Here's a picture.

However, I originally bought it for a 4/4 Hirsbrunner and used it just as well in a Nirschl 4/4.

Here is the "official" list of tubas it fits:
Nr.8 B & S GR41 CC, 3103 BBb, Besson 994 BBb, Hirsbrunner 4/4 C-tuba, Jupiter 584 C-tuba, Mirafone 188 C-tuba, New (European) York 3094 B-tuba, Rudolf Meinl 4/4 B-, C-tuben, 4345 piston & rotor C-tuben, Thein 4/4 C-tuba, Walton B-tuba.

It's in near-new condition. Looking it over, I see a few fingerprints, a cat hair, and a smudge of glue where I removed the price tag. They're $300 new, I'm thinking maybe $200.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

What size is your Winter hard case? Condition? Price? Pics?
Mark
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

As it turns out, I'm not selling any of that stuff I said I was, at least for now. Things took a strange turn this week, and I can use exactly that mute, the case is gone, the mouthpiece situation will have to be figured out, and I'm going to keep the 410 a little while longer because there are certain things for which it's useful for now.

But "bump" anyway for what I still think is an interesting thread and an interesting question.
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

bloke wrote:
Michael Bush wrote:As it turns out, I'm not selling any of that stuff I said I was, at least for now. Things took a strange turn this week, and I can use exactly that mute, the case is gone, the mouthpiece situation will have to be figured out, and I'm going to keep the 410 a little while longer because there are certain things for which it's useful for now.

But "bump" anyway for what I still think is an interesting thread and an interesting question.
hoarder :|
Heh. I've seen your shop.
:lol:
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

bloke wrote: You're referring to - what Mrs. bloke refers to as - "Spartania"...?? :?
How did you get this superpower of seeing her dreams?
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Michael Bush wrote:
bloke wrote: You're referring to - what Mrs. bloke refers to as - "Spartania"...?? :?
How did you get this superpower of seeing her dreams?
Don't hate on those of us that know how to please our woman!!

8)
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.