Facebook 'Messenger'

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Facebook 'Messenger'

Post by Dan Schultz »

What the heck is this thing? I thought Facebook already had messaging capability.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Re: Facebook 'Messenger'

Post by Michael Bush »

It's a mobile app that lets people send you what amount to text messages using your Facebook account rather than your phone number. In a sense it's just one more d*** thing. But for the last week, and another couple to go, I've had one kid in Scotland and another in Australia. Neither of them took their laptops. If it weren't for FB Messenger I'm not sure I would hear from them at all, so I'm pretty glad for it.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

OK. So it's just a mobile app that acts like The Internet-based regular Facebook? I was wondering why it didn't appear on my laptop.

I guess it makes sense for folks who have only a phone and no home computer.

Just wondering. I'm ALWAYS leery when it comes to putting new things on my phone.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Hold on,

I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10...

:shock:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

No, not what I was thinking.

ESP is out.

Messenger is in.

:shock:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

I use Facebook messenger and like it over regular text for 2 reasons: If my phone if off, or out of range when a text is sent, I might not get the text. Facebook messenger works every time and saves the messages in a way that I can retrieve on computer or mobile device.

Facebook messenger allows voice calls over WiFi. This is a nice feature if someone is in a place (e.g. foreign country or no cell service) where they can get free WiFi, but making a phone call would be expensive or impossible.
Marzan BBb
John Packer JP-274 euphonium
King 607F
Posting and You