audition finalists

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
tubajon
bugler
bugler

Who's Hot

Post by tubajon »

There have been at least 76 Auditions for Tuba since February of 2000.
joebob
bugler
bugler

Post by joebob »

Auditions since 2000: Seattle, Boston (3 times), San Francisco, Ft. Worth, National, NY Phil, Cleveland (2 times), Philadelphia (2 times), Minnesota, Milwaukee, Alabama (I think 2 times), New Mexico (3 times maybe), Colorado (3 times maybe), Savanna (sorry about the spelling), Louisville, Rochester, Naples, Louisiana

I'm coming up with these - I'm sure there are more, but this is a long way from 76. I'm curious about the ones I'm missing out on - auditions are such fun I don't like finding out that I've missed 50 or so job openings.

Here is a link to a website that lists some auditions and finalists:

http://groups.msn.com/thebasementregist ... tions.msnw
tubajon
bugler
bugler

Auditions

Post by tubajon »

Those are only the auditions posted within the International Musician. Jon
joebob
bugler
bugler

Re: Auditions

Post by joebob »

tubajon wrote:Those are only the auditions posted within the International Musician. Jon
Okay - what are some of the 50 or so auditions that I've failed to list?

(as an aside - at least one of the auditions I listed was NOT advertised in the International Musician)
tubajon
bugler
bugler

Uh

Post by tubajon »

My reply should have come before the post preceding it. There were 76 auditions advertised in the International Musician since Feb of 2000. Some were service bands, some were international, and two or so were music festivals. Jon
tubajon
bugler
bugler

Rochester

Post by tubajon »

Yes. Rochester was not listed. Jon If you want, I can email you the whole list. Jon
joebob
bugler
bugler

Re: Uh

Post by joebob »

tubajon wrote:My reply should have come before the post preceding it. There were 76 auditions advertised in the International Musician since Feb of 2000. Some were service bands, some were international, and two or so were music festivals. Jon
Thanks for clarifying.
Tubaman485
bugler
bugler

Post by Tubaman485 »

check out that msn link and look how mnay times you see the same names as finalists or semi finalists. Pretty crazy stuff.

JB
tubapress
pro musician
pro musician

Post by tubapress »

Hi folks,

I try to stay up-to-date with my listings on The Basement Register, but please do send me updates if you notice something missing.

Thanks!

Gary

joebob wrote:Auditions since 2000: Seattle, Boston (3 times), San Francisco, Ft. Worth, National, NY Phil, Cleveland (2 times), Philadelphia (2 times), Minnesota, Milwaukee, Alabama (I think 2 times), New Mexico (3 times maybe), Colorado (3 times maybe), Savanna (sorry about the spelling), Louisville, Rochester, Naples, Louisiana

I'm coming up with these - I'm sure there are more, but this is a long way from 76. I'm curious about the ones I'm missing out on - auditions are such fun I don't like finding out that I've missed 50 or so job openings.

Here is a link to a website that lists some auditions and finalists:

http://groups.msn.com/thebasementregist ... tions.msnw
Gary Press
gary_press@yahoo.com" target="_blank
tubapress
pro musician
pro musician

Post by tubapress »

The auditions results page has been reformatted and updated. I welcome any other updates I may haev missed.

Thanks!
Gary Press
gary_press@yahoo.com" target="_blank
joebob
bugler
bugler

Post by joebob »

Here's a thread with info on the 2005 Milwaukee audition. There are other auditions such as the 1 year Naples audition in 2005 but I'm not sure if you are putting 1 year auditions on your website. Your website is a good resource, thanks for putting it together.

viewtopic.php?t=8642