Luzerne Music Center 2018-Middle and High School programs

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Chris Pearlberg
bugler
bugler

Luzerne Music Center 2018-Middle and High School programs

Post by Chris Pearlberg »

Hello everyone!

This summer will be my third year on faculty at the Luzerne Music Center. LMC is an international music intensive camp set in upstate New York's Adirondack Park, with programs for students aged 9-18. Students have the opportunity to perform with the symphony orchestra, in chamber groups, and as soloists throughout the program. Students will also take part in daily chamber music coachings and weekly private lessons. Campers have the experience spending a summer outdoors; LMC's program incorporates activities such as hiking, swimming in the lake, canoeing, and off-campus trips to Lake George and the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (2017 included the NYC Ballet and Philadelphia Orchestra).

LMC is a hub for performances and masterclasses over the summer, including a residency by members of the Philadelphia Orchestra. Blair Bollinger (Bass Trombone of the Philadelphia Orchestra) directs the brass ensemble during the high school session. LMC faculty and guest artists are featured in concert every week of camp.

Please check out the website here for more information on the programs and faculty: http://www.luzernemusic.org" target="_blank

If you currently are or have a student in middle school or high school looking for a summer full of music and fun, please email or message me on this forum. I am currently looking for two students for the 4 week Junior Session students (ages 9-14), and two students for the 4 week Senior Session (ages 14-18). Scholarship money is available!

Dates for 2018 are:

Junior Session: Sunday, June 17 - Saturday, July 14
Senior Session: Tuesday, July 17 - Sunday, August 12

Any questions, feel free to email me here. Thank you!
cpearlberg@luzernemusic.org" target="_blank :tuba:
DM, Indiana University
Chris Pearlberg
bugler
bugler

Re: Luzerne Music Center 2018-Middle and High School program

Post by Chris Pearlberg »

Bump for April 1st application deadline!
DM, Indiana University
John DiCesare
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Luzerne Music Center 2018-Middle and High School program

Post by John DiCesare »

Bump for Chris! Students take advantage of this amazing opportunity! You won’t regret it.
John DiCesare
Seattle Symphony
Artist in Residence - University of Washington