Longy School of Music-Scholarships Available Bookmark and Share

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results

Longy School of Music-Scholarships Available

Postby Sasha Johnson » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:31 pm

Very excited to announce that I will be joining the brass faculty of the Longy School of Music of Bard College in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Longy is now offering competitive scholarship opportunities for qualified graduate and undergraduate tuba students.

Our performance program "promotes profound musical understanding and technical mastery, encourages growth of imagination, and fosters inquiry about the role of music and the musician in society. Longy’s mission is to prepare musicians to make a difference in the world.”

Interested students should please see the links below contact or me directly at sashajohnson@gmail.com for more information on auditions and funding.

Thanks very much,

Sasha Johnson

Principal Tuba, National Ballet of Canada Orchestra
Tuba Faculty Schulich School of Music, McGill University
Tuba Faculty Glenn Gould School of Music
Tuba Faculty, Longy School of Music of Bard College

https://longy.edu/about/faculty/
https://longy.edu/admissions/
Sasha Johnson
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Longy School of Music-Scholarships Available

Postby Jmcc55 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:46 pm

Thus is a wonderful opportunity to study with an amazing player and pedagogue. Sasha is the real deal.
Nirschl 6/4
Miraphone "Petrushka" 1281 F
Wessex F Cimbasso

http://www.jarrettmccourt.com
Jmcc55
bugler
bugler

Re: Longy School of Music-Scholarships Available

Postby Sasha Johnson » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:43 am

Thanks so much Jarrett for those kind words. Thanks also to those of you who have inquired.

For those of you interested, over the coming weeks I’ll be offering free introductory lessons through Zoom. This is in part for possible recruitment purposes, but also an acknowledgment that most of us now have a great deal of free time, particularly in front our our computers.

As teaching remotely is becoming our new reality, it's very helpful and informative for me to continue to hone this process.

Anyone interested in scheduling lessons can reach me through this site or at sashajohnson@gmail.com

There will be no fee associated with these lessons, and they are open to any high school or college level players, nationally or internationally. (Les cours peuvent aussi être en français. Der Unterricht kann auch auf Deutsch sein.)

Thanks,
Sasha Johnson

Principal Tuba, National Ballet of Canada Orchestra
Tuba Faculty Schulich School of Music, McGill University
Tuba Faculty Glenn Gould School of Music
Tuba Faculty, Longy School of Music of Bard College
Sasha Johnson
pro musician
pro musician

Return to OPPORTUNITIES - education - employment