Any Late Graduate School Openings?

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
jonathanb11
bugler
bugler

Any Late Graduate School Openings?

Post by jonathanb11 »

At this point in the year this is quite a stretch but I was wondering if anyone happens to know of a school still seeking any graduate tuba students? I’m looking at all options before I have to take a gap year before reapplying next year. Thanks!
TheodoreSmith
bugler
bugler

Re: Any Late Graduate School Openings?

Post by TheodoreSmith »

I think I saw something posted by NYU?
B&S PT-7PS
Yamaha Yeb-321
Douglas
Low Brass Teacher
Low Brass Teacher

Post by Douglas »

The guy at Alabama posted about needing a grad assistant about a week ago.
Doug Black, D.M.A.
Assistant Professor of Music, Alabama A&M University
Eastman Tuba Artist
bydloman
bugler
bugler

Post by bydloman »

Consider UNLV! Lots of great things going on here. Check our website for more info on the program.
txba
bugler
bugler

Post by txba »

PM Sent!
zacorpus
bugler
bugler

Post by zacorpus »

There may be some graduate scholarship money left at Memphis. It's worth an application to see what they have left to offer from the University and School. Studio is going to do some great things this year and there are lots of opportunities to play and teach.

https://www.memphis.edu/graduateadmissions/
https://memphismusic.shopwindow.io/cont ... tation=web

ZC
Asst Professor of Practice
Tuba and Euphonium
University of Memphis
Jobey Wilson
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Jobey Wilson »

H Jonathan,
I just posted this wonderful opportunity yesterday…email me if you would like to chat; joseph.r.wilson@pittstate.edu

Hi all,
I recently accepted a position with Pittsburg State University in southeast Kansas, and we have a graduate assistantship open…my GA just accepted a full-time teaching position. Below is the announcement. Please email me with any questions: joseph.r.wilson@pittstate.edu

Graduate Assistantship available for this fall at Pittsburg State University, Kansas!

Full-time GA positions at Pitt State include full coverage of tuition plus a stipend of $5500. These are teaching assistantships, and we have used GAs to teach applied lessons to non-majors, to run sectional rehearsals, to sub for faculty, etc. They can even be assigned to teach music appreciation or other non-major courses if they have the skills to do that. The assignment is considered a half-time appointment (20 hrs per week, including prep time), so they can be asked to provide additional help with the running/administration of the ensembles.

The band area has one GA position available. To apply, candidates simply need to apply for graduate study at pittstate.edu and send a brief statement expressing interest in the position to the department chair, Dr. Susan Marchant smarchant@pittstate.edu.
Joseph "Jobey" Wilson, DMA
Pittsburg State University
www.pittstate.edu/music/