bugler
bugler

hi

Post by TexasBassBone »

Alex C wrote:
LoyalTubist wrote:
Alex C wrote:Dude,

Drug free.

A good rant, now and then, clears the sinuses.
It also helps to burn bridges.
No bridges will be burned if the remarks are taken in context, it was obviously intended as humor. For those who didn't take the post in the proper context

you're not good enough!!!

I've enjoyed reading the prespective from committee members. It reminds me of the story I've heard: the principal horn of a major US orchestra auditioned for an opening in the section. Behind the screen he auditioned, expecting to wow the committee; he did not get advanced.

I think committee members should keep that in mind at the next audition. Someone who "could masterfully perform that job any day of the week" should probably get the job.

Just my $5 worth.

You got to realize, that humans are not perfect, God knows my lesson teacher does not sound the same as he would on most days. Its like a car crash......Its not " IF" you get into a car crash...Its " When" you get into one. Same thing for auditions, you are going to have your off days, its not " IF" you screw up an audition.....Its " When" you screw it up, and you know what, thats life, and guess what.........life goes on. There will be other auditions.
KiwiTuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by KiwiTuba »

LoyalTubist wrote:My experience comes from "saying what I feel" then losing gigs to players whom I could play circles around. It also comes from saying stupid things to immigration officials in some of the countries I have visited/lived in. I don't think my children have ever forgiven me.

:cry:
Nowdays, You should also never get angry at the clerk behind the check-in desk, or you will find yourself selected for 'Extra-screening' by the airline. Of course, that could be a good thing if you like being felt up by a complete stranger.

Never be rude to the people who cook your food, or they will spit in it.

Thomas Allely
Thomas Allely

Just doin' my job,

sitting up the back,

playing low notes
TexasBassBone
bugler
bugler

hi

Post by TexasBassBone »

CSOtrbn1 wrote:Ahem...thanks Derek. Who is playing principal in KCO this season?
Why do you ask me?
clagar777
3 valves
3 valves

Re: hi

Post by clagar777 »

TexasBassBone wrote:
CSOtrbn1 wrote:Ahem...thanks Derek. Who is playing principal in KCO this season?
Why do you ask me?

I think that is a seperate statement.