University of Memphis Graduate Assistantship and Undergraduate Quintet Fellowship

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Jmcc55
bugler
bugler

University of Memphis Graduate Assistantship and Undergraduate Quintet Fellowship

Post by Jmcc55 »

Hi all,

I will have a GA position (for DMA, graduate brass quintet) and an undergraduate brass quintet fellowship position available at the University of Memphis in Fall of 2022. The GA is a tuition waiver plus an annual stipend of about 6000$, and the undergraduate quintet fellowship is a full tuition waiver.

This will coincide with the opening of our new music building, the Scheidt Family Music Center. The opening of this facility will provide more stage space, high-capacity seating, exceptional acoustics, rehearsal spaces, classrooms and modern laboratories. As the only doctoral degree-granting Music program in Tennessee, the Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music sets the standard for music education in the Mid-South. The new Music Center will be an appropriate showcase for our extraordinary students and will assist us in attracting the highest-caliber talent to our University.

Located in the heart of music-rich Memphis, Tennessee, The Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music provides the best of both worlds: personal instruction in music from accomplished artist-scholars, and all the benefits of a large, world-class university. With an international reputation for excellence, we have always attracted top talent. Our renowned music program offers bachelor's through doctoral degrees in 29 areas of concentration.

If you're unable to attend live auditions, we're accepting virtual auditions for those living 200 miles outside Memphis.

It's an exciting time in Memphis, and I hope you'll consider applying! Audition requirements and information available here: https://www.memphis.edu/music/admission ... mation.php

Please reach out to me at jgmccurt@memphis.edu for more information.

Jarrett McCourt

Tuba/Euphonium Faculty, University of Memphis
Principal Tuba, Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra
Miraphone Artist
Warburton Artist
Jarrett McCourt (he/him)
Assistant Professor of Tuba and Euphonium | University of Missouri - Kansas City
Principal Tuba | Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra
Principal Tuba | Santa Fe Opera