William Paterson University auditions, 2022

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Paul Scott
pro musician
pro musician

William Paterson University auditions, 2022

Post by Paul Scott »

Hello,

William Paterson University is a small public university in Northern New Jersey, minutes away from New York City. If you are applying for an undergraduate degree as a tubist, you may wish to consider us, especially at this time. We currently have four tubists in the studio, all of whom are juniors or seniors. This is an ideal situation for incoming freshmen because all of these folks are very strong players, (and are also great people!). The department is motivated to welcome new students and scholarship opportunities are available.

Next year will mark thirty years for me as the adjunct tuba professor at WPU. All students receive 14 to 15 lessons per semester and make no mistake, I make sure that they receive them! WPU has a solid reputation for our music education, sound engineering degrees, and more. We recently welcomed our new band director, Dr. Teresa C. Purcell-Gilles to our faculty and we currently have a nine-piece tuba-euphonium ensemble, "The Pedal Tones". There is a proud tradition in our tuba studio and one of our recent graduates is now studying at The Mozarteum, Salzburg, Austria. All of our classes were in-person during the Fall semester.

Live audition dates for 2022 are Fridays, 1/28, 2/4, 3/4, 3/25 and 4/8. Earlier is better for any scholarship opportunities; it is also possible to audition by video. See the link below to be connected to the WPU Music Department page.

Please contact me directly at wputuba at gmail dot com if you have any questions. You're welcome to come by for a free trial lesson!

https://www.wpunj.edu/coac/departments/ ... index.html

Best,

Paul Scott
Adjunct Tuba Professor
William Paterson University
Wayne, NJ
Paul Scott
pro musician
pro musician

Re: William Paterson University auditions, 2022

Post by Paul Scott »

There are two audition dates left for the Fall Semester: Friday, March 25th and Friday April 8th. Remember that earlier is better for any scholarship opportunities. Contact me directly at wputuba at gmail.com for more details.
Adjunct Tuba Professor
William Paterson University
Wayne, NJ