Join a growing tuba studio at ULM!

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
aparrish
lurker
lurker

Join a growing tuba studio at ULM!

Post by aparrish »

Hello everyone!

I am on the faculty at The University of Louisiana Monroe where I teach applied tuba. I am looking for motivated high school students that are interested in beginning undergraduate music study with me next fall. ULM has several music degree options including the B.M. in Music Performance, the B.M.E. (music education), the B.M. in Music Composition, and the B.A. in Music with concentrations in many different areas (pre-med, psychology, creative writing, jazz, etc.). I would love to work with excellent musicians, but I would more so like to work with excellent people that are highly motivated and ready for a comprehensive music education. Currently, I have 2 openings for fall 2023. We have more than tripled our studio size in the previous year!

Our music department (within the School of Visual and Performing Arts) is relatively small but we have a very strong brass program. We have three student brass quintets, 2 New Orleans Brass Bands, and our students have done well in international competitions - including a student that placed second in the Falcone young artist division as well as an alternate in the Artist Division. Our tuition/ cost of living is very affordable; we offer out-of-state waivers, generous scholarships, and housing waivers. Many students receive refunds to study here at ULM.

Monroe, Louisiana is a growing community with an expanding music scene. For more information about me, please check out my website: www.allenparrishmusic.com or for more information about ULM, check out ulm.edu. Feel free to reach out with further questions or to schedule a visit/ trial lesson.

You can hear my most recent recital recording at: https://soundcloud.com/allen-parrish-74 ... ty-recital
Allen Parrish, DMA
Assistant Professor of Music, The University of Louisiana Monroe

Miraphone 1291 CC
Yamaha YFB 621