Graduate Study at the University of Memphis

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
zacorpus
bugler
bugler

Graduate Study at the University of Memphis

Post by zacorpus »

Preparing to graduate with your bachelors or have been shopping for grad school for a while and want to come back to school? Take a look at the Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music at the University of Memphis. We offer Artist Diploma, MM, DMA, and PhD degrees in many great areas (www.memphis.edu/music).

The tuba/euphonium studio is in search of Masters, Doctoral, or AD students on both instruments. Lots of competitive scholarships and assistantships available at the Rudi E. Scheidt School. If you're interested in a lesson or just hearing more, reach out to me at zacorpus@memphis.edu or check out the website!

Expedited consideration for $$ will be given to those who audition before or on the first date of December 3, 2022. Click here to apply or check out our programs! https://www.memphis.edu/music/admissions/index.php. Additional dates are January 21, February 18, and February 25, 2023. Auditions are also flexible and can be arranged on an individual basis or virtually at other places and times if needed.

Zack Corpus
Assistant Professor of Practice
Tuba and Euphonium
Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music
University of Memphis
Last edited by zacorpus on Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
steveallentuba
lurker
lurker

Re: Graduate Study at the University of Memphis

Post by steveallentuba »

fwiw, shouldn't you include the fact that you're a visiting professor in your information when trying to get students to study with you?
zacorpus
bugler
bugler

Post by zacorpus »

Hi Steve! I appreciate you reaching out and checking. In my post, my title is listed exactly as stipulated in my contract, an Assistant Professor of Practice (https://www.aaup.org/report/professors-practice), and, as such, I am a full-time, non-tenure track member of the faculty. Despite my non-tenure track status at this time, I will provide my students with a high quality education and believe Memphis has excellent opportunities in education, performance, and community musical involvement to offer interested students. I would encourage anyone to check out the Scheidt School of Music to view the great programs we have, our brand-new multi-million dollar Scheidt Family Performing Arts Center, and our tuba/euphonium studio to evaluate if the UofM is the right place for them.
zacorpus
bugler
bugler

Post by zacorpus »

Bump...have had some great interest and audition season is here! Lots of scholarship money available. First audition date is December 3. Subsequent dates January 21, February 18, February 25. Alternate auditions arrangements can be made if travel or those four dates are proving prohibitive. Additional university funds are applicable for international graduate students. Reach out to zacorpus@memphis.edu for a lesson or to ask questions.

-ZC :tuba: