Graduate Assistantship this fall!!

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Jobey Wilson
pro musician
pro musician

Graduate Assistantship this fall!!

Post by Jobey Wilson »

Hi all,
I recently accepted a position with Pittsburg State University in southeast Kansas, and we have a graduate assistantship open…my GA just accepted a full-time teaching position. Below is the announcement. Please email me with any questions: joseph.r.wilson@pittstate.edu

Graduate Assistantship available for this fall at Pittsburg State University, Kansas!

Full-time GA positions at Pitt State include full coverage of tuition plus a stipend of $5500. These are teaching assistantships, and we have used GAs to teach applied lessons to non-majors, to run sectional rehearsals, to sub for faculty, etc. They can even be assigned to teach music appreciation or other non-major courses if they have the skills to do that. The assignment is considered a half-time appointment (20 hrs per week, including prep time), so they can be asked to provide additional help with the running/administration of the ensembles.

The band area has one GA position available. To apply, candidates simply need to apply for graduate study at pittstate.edu and send a brief statement expressing interest in the position to the department chair, Dr. Susan Marchant smarchant@pittstate.edu.
Joseph "Jobey" Wilson, DMA
Pittsburg State University
www.pittstate.edu/music/