WSU Undergraduate and Graduate Openings for Fall 2024

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
euphoniac84
bugler
bugler

WSU Undergraduate and Graduate Openings for Fall 2024

Post by euphoniac84 »

Greetings from the Northwest! The Washington State University fall 2024 application is now live. Undergraduate and graduate funding is available for both tuba and euphonium players.

WSU is a large research university located in Pullman, WA. It’s currently a member of the Pac 12 athletic conference. The tuba and euphonium studio culture here is supportive, encouraging, and inclusive of diverse learners from all types of backgrounds. Equity and inclusion inform my pedagogy, creative activity, and service to students, the university, and the profession. Everyone belongs and has a seat at the table in the studio.

We remain active throughout the year with Oktubafest activities, studio recitals, guest artist visits, and travel to ITEA conferences. The studio averages 12-13 players ranging from first-year students to the graduate level studying performance, music education, composition, and/or music business. Studio members have been successful at competitions hosted by ITEA, MTNA, and the Falcone Festival. Graduates have gone on to doctoral programs, public school and university teaching positions, and perform in professional ensembles.

Please reach out to me via email (chris.dickey@wsu.edu) to discuss WSU and your potential plans. I'd love to chat with you!
Dr. Chris Dickey (they/them)
Miraphone Performing Artist
Assistant Professor of Tuba and Euphonium
School of Music
Washington State University