Western Michigan Universtiy Graduate Assistant Opening

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
dswoboda
pro musician
pro musician

Western Michigan Universtiy Graduate Assistant Opening

Post by dswoboda »

Adam Snider is currently the graduate tuba assistant at Western Michigan University. He will be graduating this year, moving on to bigger and better things! I would like to announce the availability of a tuba graduate teaching assistant at Western beginning August 2006.

The position includes playing full time in the graduate brass quintet, teaching an undergradute (theory possibly)course, performing in the large ensembles, and assisting Professor Deanna Swoboda with tuba/euph studio responsibilities. There is more information listed on the website. www.wmich.edu

If you are interested and would like to know more please contact Prof. Swoboda at deanna.swoboda@wmich.edu
Dr. Deanna Swoboda
Arizona State University
Assistant Professor of Music
President - International Tuba Euphonium Association
schneidah
bugler
bugler

Post by schneidah »

Just an extra plug here... For those who haven't had the pleasure of working and/or studying with Deanna Swoboda, please don't hesitate to do so. It's been great having her at WMU for the last couple months as a musician, a professor of tuba-euphonium, and an advocate for the instruments, music, and the students themselves.

One note for those considering this assistantship: the teaching section will NOT necessarily be in theory; that's simply part of what I've been doing during my time here. The school assigns assistantships to particular grad students, not particular studios. Word to the wise.

Extra extra plug: if you didn't catch the announcement in the Upcoming Events forum, WMU's Tubafest is fast approaching; come one, come all!