Assistantships Fall 2006

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Mike Forbes
pro musician
pro musician

Assistantships Fall 2006

Post by Mike Forbes »

Hi all,

I always found it difficult as an undergraduate student to find tuba/euphonium assistantships for my masters back in the day. With today's internet capabilities and boards like this one, it's a much easier search. This thread goes to compiling those assistantships. I have already seen announcements from Deanna Swoboda at Western Michigan:

viewtopic.php?t=10494

and others listed in various places by Dennis AsKew (UNCG), Scott Mendoker (Rutgers), etc. So perhaps this thread might be a way for us all to list our available assistantships for next year.

So...I'll go first:

At Illinois State (Bloomington-Normal) I currently have 3 masters degree students (2 tubas, 1 euphonium) all on full assistantships ($5400/yr. & waived tuition). They are all leaving at the end of this school year; therefore there are some openings. While only one of the assistantships is connected to the tuba/euphonium studio and the graduate brass quintet, there are other places on campus to gain employment as a graduate assistant (mus. ed dept., School of Music Marketing, Stage Management Coordination, etc.).

Please email me for more information about the School of Music at ISU, the Tuba/Euphonium Studio and/or the assistantships.

Thanks,
Mike Forbes
miforbe@ilstu.edu
309 438 5817