Glenn Gould School of Music-graduate/undergraduate position

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Sasha Johnson
pro musician
pro musician

Glenn Gould School of Music-graduate/undergraduate position

Post by Sasha Johnson »

The Glenn Gould School of Music of the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto Canada announces auditions for the position of tuba for the academic year beginning September 2006.

One of Canada’s finest music institutions, the G.G.S. is an intensive performance training program which accepts only one symphony orchestra of students, and therefore only one tuba. This student will have performing opportunities in every G.G.S. ensemble including the orchestra, the contemporary music ensemble, brass ensemble, brass quintet, and low brass orchestral repertoire ensemble. Private lessons are with myself and are 1-½ hours. Brass quintet and rep-ensembles are coached by Gord Wolf and Andrew Mccandless of the Toronto Symphony, and the contemporary music ensemble is now lead by trombonist and conductor Alain Trudel. Each year a number of guest masterclasses are given by prominent brass players. This year’s are as follows:

November 11th, 2005 Mike Sachs trumpet
December 2nd, 2005 Randall Hawes bass trombone
December 9th, 2005 Gail Williams french horn
February 3rd, 2006 Alan Baer tuba
February 24th, 2006 Ryan Anthony trumpet
April 7th, 2006 Dave Griffin french horn
April 10th and 11th, 2006 John Kitzman tenor trombone

The G.G.S. offers an undergraduate degree program, or a graduate performance certificate. With a great deal of funding available, it offers a considerably lower tuition option than many American music schools, and a huge amount of playing experience.
Recorded auditions will be considered, though greater consideration for scholarships will be given to candidates auditioning live.

For additional information please contact me directly at sasha.johnson@ca.inter.net. For additional information about me, the Glenn Gould School, the audition process, or the city of Toronto, please see the links below.

Thanks,
Sasha Johnson

http://www.rcmusic.ca/ContentPage.aspx? ... ha_Johnson
http://www.rcmusic.ca/ContentPage.aspx? ... _Auditions
http://www.rcmusic.ca/ContentPage.aspx?name=glennGould
kontrabass
3 valves
3 valves

Post by kontrabass »

This is a great gig if you're looking for orchestral training in a conservatory environment. I went to school next door (U of Toronto) and I know most of the brass players at the school; they represent the very best in Canada (and other countries!). Plus Sasha's a great teacher (and a great guy).
(I'd jump on it if I weren't already at Indiana!)

Rob Teehan
Sasha Johnson
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Sasha Johnson »

I've just learned from our director that the application deadline for the Glenn Gould School is Dec 1. There is a later deadline in the spring, but funding/scholarship decisions are made based on the winter deadline.
Thanks again to all who've expressed interest.
Sasha Johnson
Thomas Maurice Booth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Thomas Maurice Booth »

Do you know if you'll have any graduate openings for the 2007-2008 school year? I'll be done with undergrad and will be ready for the next level. Thanks.

TMB
I post because you're unable to Google.