Tuba/Euphonium Assistantship

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
DanClouse
bugler
bugler

Tuba/Euphonium Assistantship

Post by DanClouse »

There is a tuba/euph assistantship open for next year at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. It carries a full tuition waiver for out of state students, a stipend that is *close* to $4,000 (I don't have the exact figure in front of me) and full medical benefits.

Sande MacMorran is an excellent teacher, and I'm not just paying lip service. He is a consumate musician, teacher, and Scotsman. The orchestra program is really shaping up under new direction (I got to play Meistersinger a month ago, and it was the most rewarding musical experience I've ever had), and there is more work for aspiring musicians in Knoxville than anywhere I've ever seen.

UT has an enrollment of about 28,000, and the school of music is somewhere between 450 and 500 this year. There are about 100 grad students, and a good chunk of them are on assistantship programs. Knoxville is located 30 minutes from the Smoky Mountains, so hiking, camping, canoeing, and sightseeing are amazing. The weather is pretty nice all year round (it's 68 today in mid november).

Questions can be directed to me (dan[at]playsloud.com) or to Sande MacMorran (smacmorran[at]aol.com) and application materials can be obtained from http://www.music.utk.edu

Dan Clouse
Tuba Assistant
University of Tennessee, Knoxville