Cleveland Tapes

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
BassBlatt
pro musician
pro musician

Post by BassBlatt »

Got an email today. Tape was denied. For what its worth, I heard a tape that was made by an amazing player, that was perfect - i mean - went to the recording studio and got it done by a pro - was denied also. But don't worry - I heard God was invited to the live audition, and he should sound prety good.
caroljantsch
pro musician
pro musician

Post by caroljantsch »

was anyone's tape not rejected? just curious...
carol
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Post by WoodSheddin »

Wow. Two of the strongest players I know got the swift boot.
sean chisham
Aubrey Foard
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Aubrey Foard »

congrats John! His was the only tape accepted out of 47

John, the jail thing was really no big deal, just some minor crimes...
Last edited by Aubrey Foard on Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sc_curtis
pro musician
pro musician

Post by sc_curtis »

Thanks for posting that info Aubrey....One out of 47 = I don't feel so bad now!
Dan Satterwhite
bugler
bugler

Post by Dan Satterwhite »

If your two strongest players (gods to be sure...I would imagine) think as much of themselves as you do and really want the job, perhaps they should show up on the doorstep.
Just showing up on the doorstep is probably not a good idea in Cleveland. I know there are stories of uninvited people showing up to auditions and doing well...I personally know a trombone player that had a his tape rejected from Baltimore some time ago, who showed up anyway and won the audition. Cleveland is a different matter. I was invited to the bass trombone audition back in the 80's, and two friends of mine decided they would come along and crash the audition. I was happy to have the company and help with the driving. When they arrived and tried to check in, it caused quite a commotion, and they were begrudgingly given slots at the end. Both had the same experience...they walked onstage, and the personnel manager tore them a new one in front of the committee. Then, they each played one excerpt and were asked to leave. Rude, yes. But if you show up to their house, you play by their rules.
Chuck Jackson
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Chuck Jackson »

Geez, Dan, I don't know if I have ever crashed an audition, but I have crashed AT plenty of them, does this count?

FWIW, Cleveland owns nobody nuthin'. Sounds like they have an agenda and are going to stick to it.

Chuck"who has been shown the door OUT far more times that he was ever shown the IN side of the door" Jackson
I drank WHAT?!!-Socrates
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

bigtubadaddy wrote:I just hope they can deal with the Cleveland winters and Mayfield Road in Cleveland Heights and South Euclid (25 mph on a 4 lane road. Ugh.)
You forgot about Cedar hill and Fairhill (Stokes) Blvd. :shock:
Marzan BBb
John Packer JP-274 euphonium
King 607F
Posting and You