Youth Symphony Auditions

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Water Music
bugler
bugler

Post by Water Music »

I love that piece. Last song in the Master Solos Intermediate book, right? I played that song, and it is quite fun, but I never played it for an audition. I have played the Haydn piece in the book though, and it got me a Youth Orchestra Spot. But Bordogni's work for my auditions. Just be sure to play the song with "vim and vigor", because it is a powerful piece. It was written to show the strength of the Tuba, and then the subtleness, and it leads to the last note, which is played as the max point for the piece, the strongest note.

But, just try your best, and don't worry about making mistakes and get nervous, the judge is probably the conductor and he wants to help if he's going to be your conductor for a while. He wants the best, so, tune your Tuba pre-audition, and just give him what he wants.

So good luck!
ai698
pro musician
pro musician

Post by ai698 »

SevenBreathsAway wrote:Just a note, I used to live in Albuquerque, and I know what you're talking about and my advice is if you get stuck with AYO it's not worth it. I wouldn't recommend the AYS program at all, but AYO is unbearable (for anyone, not to mention a tubist). Good luck though. Which high school are you going to go to?
Hey, I was in AYO! (a long time ago). Play your best and if you make Great! If you make AYS, even better. Good Luck and keep practicing!
Steve W

Rudolf Meinl RM45 CC, Meinl-Weston 46 F, Mack-TU410L
TexasBassBone
bugler
bugler

hi

Post by TexasBassBone »

hey, i think yall folks came down last year as a tour and played with us the FWYO, yall played Tchaikovsky's 4th symphony, and that one girl trombonist one yalls concerto competition.
Last edited by TexasBassBone on Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anonymous4
bugler
bugler

Post by anonymous4 »

Don't underestimate Tchaik 4. Make sure you are using a metronome and record yourself frequently.
phoenix
3 valves
3 valves

Post by phoenix »

Don't underestimate Tchaik 4. Make sure you are using a metronome and record yourself frequently.
Or Tannhauser for that matter...
Water Music
bugler
bugler

Post by Water Music »

So, did you win the audition!?!?!?!?!?!
Water Music
bugler
bugler

Post by Water Music »

Wow, that's a long wait I could never do.