scholarship/tuba-euphonium studio openings

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Tom Waid
pro musician
pro musician

Re: scholarship/tuba-euphonium studio openings

Post by Tom Waid »

marty wrote:Hello All,

Wanted to let the high school seniors out there know that there is some room in the UW-Milwaukee tuba-euphonium studio, and we have a good group there, with a superb brass faculty. Right now I have three tuba grads and 1 euphonium grad. student. I have room for at least another euphonium and tuba and there is an opportunity for scholarship money. Website is: www.uwm.edu

Likewise, at Lawrence University, it would be nice to get in at least one more performer on each instrument. Can guarantee a $10,000 award and more for very strong performers. Lawrence is undergrad only. Website is: www.lawrence.edu

Feel free to contact me at anytime. Hope everyone is having a great school year!

Marty Erickson
Marty Erickson is one of world’s most versatile Tuba Players and a gifted teacher. An opportunity to study with him is not to be missed!
Amongst aviators it is often said that any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. It's an even better landing when you can reuse the airplane.
geomiklas
3 valves
3 valves

Re: scholarship/tuba-euphonium studio openings

Post by geomiklas »

Tom Waid wrote:
marty wrote:Hello All,

Wanted to let the high school seniors out there know that there is some room in the UW-Milwaukee tuba-euphonium studio, and we have a good group there, with a superb brass faculty. Right now I have three tuba grads and 1 euphonium grad. student. I have room for at least another euphonium and tuba and there is an opportunity for scholarship money. Website is: www.uwm.edu

Likewise, at Lawrence University, it would be nice to get in at least one more performer on each instrument. Can guarantee a $10,000 award and more for very strong performers. Lawrence is undergrad only. Website is: www.lawrence.edu

Feel free to contact me at anytime. Hope everyone is having a great school year!

Marty Erickson
Marty Erickson is one of world’s most versatile Tuba Players and a gifted teacher. An opportunity to study with him is not to be missed!
I'm finishing my M.Ed. in special education this summer and would love to continue on to complete a M.M. in tuba. The problem with me doing this is the fact that I have a family and really need to get a job now. I'm wondering how much scholarship money UW has to offer though....

GM
1967 Mirafone 186 CC 5U Tuba
1974 Mirafone 184 CC 5U Tuba
1948 Besson 2-20 CC Sousaphone
2022 Eastern Music (Jinbao) C 4U Euphonium
WANTED: Miraphone 56A 5U C Kaiser Baritone (5 or 4+1) :tuba: