AirForce Academy Band

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
james
pro musician
pro musician

AirForce Academy Band

Post by james »

Anyone know if the hiring freeze will affect this audition? I can't seem to get in touch with anyone in the band over the phone. I would like some more details. Thanks for any help.
-James
ThomasP
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ThomasP »

I have been unable to get intouch with anyone as well. I haven't tried the band's office number which is listed elsewhere on the website, just the audition staff number.

I did however, find on a general application procedure page, that normally the first round is just a tape and resume. I really don't see why they would have advertised this position if they weren't able to hire someone for it.
Thomas Peacock
Huttl for life
Schilke 66
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MikeMason »

i heard they hired 2 people at the last audition and 1 of them was for a separate band.could it be this band?
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
ThomasP
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ThomasP »

Not that I'm aware of. I believe the "extra" hire was going to the AF band in Georgia.
Thomas Peacock
Huttl for life
Schilke 66
fatemokid
bugler
bugler

Post by fatemokid »

I have also been trying to call for the past 3 weeks, and have gotten no reply. I called the main office and the guy told me that the 2 people in charge of auditions are gone right now. One on tour and one on leave, and they weren't able to tell me when they would be back. I'm going to send in a cd and a resume anyways.
fatemokid
bugler
bugler

Post by fatemokid »

Tim from the Air Force Academy band returned my call today, and told me that they are in a hiring freeze, but the cds are still due by the same date, and the live audition would be held on August 2nd if the hiring freeze is lifted.