2007 Hot Springs Music Festival

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Mike Forbes
pro musician
pro musician

2007 Hot Springs Music Festival

Post by Mike Forbes »

Hello all,

Once again the Hot Springs Music Festival (in beautiful Hot Springs, Arkansas) is accepting applications for this summer's 2-week music festival. This wonderful orchestral festival will focus mainly on orchestral works and chamber music and is COMPLETELY FREE (tuition and room provided). Musicians need only cover their food costs. I will be on leave from the festival this summer, but encourage qualified apprentice applicants to apply.

This summer's festival will be from June 3 to June 16, 2007. Apprentices MUST be available for that entire time, and rarely, if ever, are exceptions made. That should still give folks enough time to get out to Aspen or NRO, I believe.

With the repertoire this summer being extremely light for tuba, the festival may only accept 1 tubist this summer who may very well carry the entire load as I will be on leave. There are a number of trombone slots available, so please spread the word to your fellow low brass comrades.

The answers to most if not all of your questions regarding the festival, repertoire, and how to apply is here:

http://www.hotmusic.org

Other topics discussed in regard to last year's festival on this board can be found here:

viewtopic.php?t=10678&highlight=hotsprings

Lastly, please email or PM me any questions you might have.

The festival will be accepting applications until March 26th, when they will begin reviewing them.

Best wishes,

Mike Forbes