Tuba Assistantship Available - University of Nebraska

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
CraigFuller
lurker
lurker

Tuba Assistantship Available - University of Nebraska

Post by CraigFuller »

We have a Graduate Assistantship in Tuba available at the University of Nebraska Lincoln. The deadline has been extended to April 1.

Craig Fuller
Senior Lecturer of Music, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Principal Tuba, Omaha Symphony Orchestra
home: (402) 556-3253
studio: (402) 472-2982

Graduate Assistantships
The School of Music at the University of Nebraska Lincoln has an opening for a graduate teaching assistantship (GTA) in the area of Tuba performance. This assistantship is available for students in both the Master of Music (MM) and Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA) degree programs.

Appointments are made on an annual basis and are renewable.
Assistantships include a stipend, health benefits, and tuition for up to 24 graduate credits. Additional fellowships and financial aid are available to qualified students through the UNL Office of Graduate Studies www.unl.edu/gradstudies. Additional professional performance opportunities are available in Lincoln and Omaha.

The duties assigned to Tuba GTAs may include:

Teach applied lessons to music minors.
Teach tuba and euphonium sections of brass skills class.
Play in the Graduate Brass Quintet
Administrative and library duties for the Tuba-Euphonium Ensemble.
Assistance with another area in the School of Music depending on need and candidate's interests (Theory, Jazz History, Orchestra library, Band, music appreciation classes)

Qualifications: An undergraduate degree in music and admission to the Graduate College (approved application with transcripts, three letters of recommendation, and audition) with a declared major in music. Application deadline extended for this position until April 1.

For up-to-date information and an application, please contact Craig Fuller, Senior Lecturer of Music, (cfuller2@unl.edu) 402 556-3253 (home) or the
School of Music’s admissions coordinator: 108 Westbrook Building, UNL, Lincoln, NE 68588-0100; 402-472-6845;

ACADEMIC YEAR
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANTSHIPS

Current Annual Benefit Package
$21,861: Non-Resident Students
$13,263: Resident Students
(includes $7,957 stipend, health benefits and tuition for up to 24 credits)

http://www.unl.edu/music/grad/grad.shtml
Jeremy K.
bugler
bugler

Post by Jeremy K. »

I agree. I studied with Craig for two years, and learned more in that two years about how to be a professional and how to LISTEN than I ever had before.
Jeremy Knudtson

"Well broccoli, mother says you're good for me, but I'm no good for you!!!"