2008-09 Graduate assistanships?

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
TubaBob
bugler
bugler

2008-09 Graduate assistanships?

Post by TubaBob »

I have a kickin' tuba student finishing his bachelors degree this year!

Anyone need a GA for 008/09?
Bob
JayTuba
pro musician
pro musician

University of South Florida Tuba/Euphonium Grad Assistant

Post by JayTuba »

Yes- I am looking for a graduate assistant for the 08-09 academic year at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Could be a tuba or a euphonium player. Interested candidates should contact me at Hunsberg@arts.usf.edu and check the USF Tuba/Euph website at http://jaytuba.arts.usf.edu

Jay Hunsberger
Principal Tubist, The Florida West Coast Symphony
Professor of Tuba and Euphonium, University of South Florida
jnh4th@gmail.com" target="_blank
TTkatz
bugler
bugler

Northern Arizona University

Post by TTkatz »

The Northern Arizona University School of Music in beautiful Flagstaff, Arizona (over 300 days of sunshine each year, summer high temps of a perfect 85 degrees, and the Grand Canyon less than an hour away!), has graduate assistantships available for both tuba and euphonium. The tuba-euphonium studio is one of the fastest growing studios in the school and scholarship money is available. We also have scholarships available for undergraduate tuba or euphonium majors.

Performance opportunities in Bands, Orchestra, chamber ensembles, Tuba-Euphonium ensemble, and Patrick Sheridan and Sam Pilafian just 2 hours away for extra lessons!

Contact Prof. Christian Carichner at christian.carichner@nau.edu or 607-742-3158. You may also find out more information at www.cal.nau.edu/music or www.symphonicwinds.nau.edu.

-Christian Carichner
Instructor of Tuba/Euphonium, Northern Arizona University
Instructor of Tuba/Euphonium and Asst. Band Director, Mesa Community College
Instructor of Low Brass, Glendale Community College
Rawtuba
pro musician
pro musician

UNM Scholarships

Post by Rawtuba »

I will have scholarships for 08/09 at The University of New Mexico but my T.A. spot is covered.

Richard White
Assistant Professor, Tuba/Euphonium
University of New Mexico
Steve Oberheu
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Steve Oberheu »

There is room and need for a graduate tuba or euphonium student interested in pursuing Music Education (concentrations within Music Ed available in teacher education, performance, independent study and thesis) at the University of North Dakota. Scholarship money (awarded based on audition) is available!! Anyone interested please contact me via private message or e-mail.

Best regards,

Steve Oberheu
Last edited by Steve Oberheu on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Love Songs & Pirate Songs: The Life and Music of Roger Bobo" — the new authorized biography — is available now at: http://www.upperhaymusic.com/?product=l ... iratesongs
notlap
bugler
bugler

Post by notlap »

Next year I would like to add a graduate student in tuba here at Marshall University in West Virginia. We don't have a TA for tuba, but we do have other available areas based on department demand such as music theory, music appreciation, and band. Contact me with any questions.

George Palton- Tuba Instructor
Marshall University
george@georgepalton.com