DePaul New Horizon Euphonium

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
rascaljim
pro musician
pro musician

DePaul New Horizon Euphonium

Post by rascaljim »

My wife conducts the New Horizons Band at DePaul University. She is in need of a euphonium player. The band is currently working on the Holst 2nd suite, but with no euph player to play the solos.

There is no audition. This is not a paying gig.

The New Horizons Band is a band designed with Senoir Citizens in mind, especially for those interested in learning a instrument or those who have been on haitus for many years who want to get back into playing. This does not mean you have to be over 55 to play in the band. There are non-majors from DePaul that play in the band along with other community members.

Rehearsals are at DePaul on Sunday evenings.

Please PM or reply for more information.

There's a little info at http://www.myspace.com/depauluniversity ... munityband

Thanks
Jim Langenberg
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

Yeah Jim . . . remind me how old I am. . .

I hide out in the trombone section of this band. The DePaul band is now about three years old and is always looking for new members. Kelly, Jim's wife, a pro horn player of some renown, continues to challenge us to grow by prgramming a wide variety of rep and by her enthusiasm for the the band and for the music we play (excepting, perhaps that "Yellow Submarine" piece :roll: ). We are actually a very lively, active and diverse bunch and, contrary to popular belief, do NOT serve prune juice at our post concert receptions.

So . . . c'mon down trumpet, 'bone, euph, and horn players. We could also use a regularr ( :wink: ) percussionist. Violists need not apply.

Alex F.