Graduate Assistantship University of Illinois

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Mark Moore
pro musician
pro musician

Graduate Assistantship University of Illinois

Post by Mark Moore »

I will have two openings for graduate students next fall at the University of Illinois. The TA position for my studio will be open. This is a tuba assistantship with duties in teaching minors, teaching the methods class, coaching chamber music and playing in the grad brass quintet. I will also have a tuition waiver available next year for another tubist. My graduate position for euphonium is filled for next year but I am always willing to look for more positions for another. I will be out of the country until Nov. 20, then feel free to contact me. Thank you very much.

Mark Moore
University of Illinois,Urbana-Champaign
Mark Moore
University of Illinois
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Roger Lewis »

I agree with Scooby - GREAT opportunity.

Roger
"The music business is a cruel and shallow trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson
CC
pro musician
pro musician

Post by CC »

I'm the current TA for Prof. Moore, and if anyone is interested in specifics as to what it's like here (i.e. gig work, ensembles, coursework, etc.) I would be glad to answer any questions. Just drop me an email or a PM. The University of Illinois offers an Artist Diploma in addition to the standard undergrad degrees, MM and DMA. I have enjoyed my time here, and can't speak too highly as to how many great experiences musically, personally and professionally I've had with Mickey. The ensembles at Illinois are very strong (7 Bands, 3 orchestras, etc.) and the faculty and students are equally great. Like I said, drop me a message if you have any questions.
Chris Combest
Nashville, TN