Danish National Symphony Orchestra

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Mitch
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Danish National Symphony Orchestra

Post by Mitch »

Here's what I heard back:
That with the tuba position surprises me. Last thing I know was, that all positions we held auditions for at the end of June, were actually filled. I left the day after the last audition. That's when we got off for the summer. So it would really surprise me if that position was posted again. Since we haven't played since then. That must almost be a mistake.
I guess I can listen around when I'm back next week, but really everybody is on vacation so that might be hard...
We are starting again in the middle of August, nothing happens until then anyway...
elihellsten
bugler
bugler

Post by elihellsten »

According to their website Christian Bay plays tuba in the orchestra.
Research tells me that he graduated from the Copenhagen Conservatory a few years ago. A local talent, it seems.
Brass band
bentuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by bentuba7 »

Sorry to dig this back up, but I'm curious of what the situation might be with DRSO these days. I see they've posted another audition. Does anyone know why they haven't settled on a tubist? Any insider scoops?
dante jones
lurker
lurker

Post by dante jones »

bump...heading over there in january
Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. - Rumi
28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. - Jesus of Nazareth
dante jones
lurker
lurker

Post by dante jones »

Just want to say congratulations to Thomas Røisland on winning the position with the Danish Radio Symphony. He is most recently the tubist of the Norwegian Radio Symphony.

I was also able to audition this past week in Copenhagen, and i have to say, I think it might be a very good idea for young North American tubists to find a way to study for 6 months to a year in a conservatory in Denmark, Sweden, or Norway, where most of the candidates live. The level of competition in the audition, as i heard it this week, was extraordinarily high, and a vast majority of the players i heard and got to hear and speak with had a very graceful concept of sound.

Ben
Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. - Rumi
28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. - Jesus of Nazareth