Graduate study at Texas A&M University-Kingsville

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
justben
pro musician
pro musician

Graduate study at Texas A&M University-Kingsville

Post by justben »

Announcing a NEW Graduate Assistantship at Texas A&M University-Kingsville

The music department at Texas A&M University-Kingsville is starting an MM in Performance with the 2014-2015 academic year. As such, I have openings (one each for both tuba and euphonium) for students pursuing a masters degree. There will be at least one (and perhaps two) graduate teaching assistantship(s) that will provide partial to full tuition waiver based on audition.

Duties will include performing with the graduate brass quintet, assisting with studio activities, serving as assistant conductor of the Tuba/Euph ensemble, and teaching non-major lessons as necessary.

Texas A&M University-Kingsville is a growing university with enrollment in excess of 7,000 students. The music department offers a wealth of performing opportunities including our concert bands, orchestra, and an active tuba/euph ensemble. Our ensemble will be performing at TMEA this February and we have been invited to perform at ITEC in Bloomington in May.

The Texas coastal bend is a great place to live with affordable housing, warm weather all year round (it's 64 degrees outside as I type this), incredible mexican food and seafood, and easy access to the gulf coast.

If the distance to Kingsville creates a problem, a tape/CD/mp3 recording will be accepted in lieu of an audition. I encourage any interested masters students to contact me at justin.benavidez@tamuk.edu" target="_blank for further information including audition dates, repertoire, and deadlines.
Dr. Justin Benavidez
Assistant Professor of Tuba and Euphonium
Florida State University